6.16.2023

JUGS #684 Photo/Moodboard

 Hello again!
It's week three for me guesting over at Just Us Girls Challenge, and I'm having a blast!  They have a creative photo for us today ~


What do you see?  Beaches, cabanas, changing huts, maybe even little shops...  Would you like to see what I see?  I think it'll shock most of you, but I guess it depends on how well you know me
(and Hubbs)!
Here it is, hang onto your seats ~


Yep!  I see a garage!  lol
You see, this'll be for Father's Day today (we're celebrating early) for Hubbs, and he's a motorhead (with a wife that tilts that way too).  Yes, we both ride motorcycles, love cars especially the classics and race cars, plus pretty much anything with an engine.  Hubbs has a huge shop and it's packed to the gills with toys!  This would be his motorcycle, a 2008 Harley in black and bronze, though his is larger with seats for two and hard bags for luggage.
So what do you think?  Did I hit the nail on the head for Hubbs?  I think so!  I'm so glad I got these new sets just in time.

I started with a base and embossed it with a bricks folder because our house and shop are part brick and siding.  I cut the "garage" base and added siding strips that I did a faux woodgrain on with gray ink and gray trim, then added a small, embossed panel for the garage door.  I stamped, colored and die cut all the elements and laid them out, popped up the oil can (you know Harleys - lol), plus hung up the adorable sign for fun!

Won't you join in our fun?
This photo could go so many ways, so have a go at it and join us this week at JUGS #684.

Supplies:
   HB - Dad's Garage, Take A Ride (both NBUS)
   Szx - Bricked e/f

Hugs,
TK

15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is a great inspired card! I love that motorcycle and I love that garage set up well done

Carol said...

Great take on the photo!!!!! It has so much meaning to you and your husband! Very clever!

Bonnie said...

Fantastic, TK! I hope you enjoy Father's Day with some "wind therapy". ;-)

ElizStewart said...

TK... this is the perfect male card...love it! Thank you so much for being our guestie at JUGS this week!

I Card Everyone said...

You did indeed hit the mark using that photo and customizing it to fit Mr. T., TK! How fun is this!
Fantastic!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design with the garage front and that cool motorcycle! Great take on the mood photo!

Bobby said...

I do see a cabana interpreted into your garage, TK. Your vision was inspired and so innovative. It's great to know more about you and your motorcycle love. I'm sure your husband was thrilled that you made a replica of his garage on your card.

Nancy said...

Tk, Your hubby is going to love this! I also love learning more about you too. Awesome card and so creative with the photo. Have a great week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love where the inspiration took you with this fabulous card! Your garage looks great with the gas pump and motorcycle. So creative!

Anonymous said...

Knowing you I think this is the perfect card for this challenge.

Ina G said...

OMG your card is just so perfect for hubbs and I loooove how you took the photo and created it 'your way'. Simply brilliant TK.

cm said...

Talk about a super cool card that fits your challenge and, more important, speaks to your husband's (and your) passion for motorbikes. The garage, the gas pump and the 'machine' are awesome! My husband rides bikes too - but the pedal variety. Our basement is well stocked with his assortment of road bikes. His latest passion is gravel racing; in fact, he just did one in Kansas and has a second, in Colorado, coming in August. He's also an Elite National racing official here in Canada. He just left (again) to officiate road race Nationals in Edmonton. Anyway...enough of my rambling! Love your card! (Oh...and while I do ride a bike on occasion, I have zero desire to compete! Too scary and I'm far too old for that kind of stuff!).
~carol

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is a fantastic card! I love the scene, even though motorcycles scare me ;). The colors are so perfect too...love the orange touches. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today, I appreciate the time and kindness!

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you were inspired! I bet your hubby loved this card.

Rosemary said...

Love your fun and so very personal take on the inspiration photo, TK!