6.10.2023

JUGS #683 - Hello!

 Hello!  Again!

Today is my second stint as GD over at JUGS and I'm so thrilled to be included!  The challenge this week calls for "word".  Now this can be any word that you can utilize, but hello was given as a suggestion - my card today uses that suggestion.


I knew from the get-go which image I wanted to use, and I even knew what technique I wanted to use -- now that isn't normal for me, it takes me a bit of time, and by NO means am I ever fast!  I hope you see my hello!  Here's my card ~


Did you see it?  Here's a close-up ~


I think I've only done this technique once, but I sure enjoy it.  My image was stamped with a little lengthening of the stem and leaves added.  I then colored the hydrangeas with 3 colors of red and even a little yellow at the tips.  The piece was cut down, and then the letters were placed, cut and stacked 4 deep to add a bit of dimension, then glued back into the base.  The inner portion of the O was placed in flat against the complimentary layer of cardstock before attaching to my base card.  From there, a few marshmallow sequins were placed and it's done!

Now, won't you come join us for a bit of fun?  Please do join us.

Supplies:
   EbyE - Mondo Hydrangea
   PTI - Smooth Alpha (lg.) dies
   CP - Scallops & Dots die
   PFS - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die

Another card, another day of fun!  I'd love to have you join us at Just Us Girls #683!

Hugs,
TK


18 comments:

ElizStewart said...

TK... love your hydrangea! One of my favorite flowers. Thank you so much for being our guestie this month at Just Us Girls.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I see what you did here - this is one of those hidden message cards that the recipient gets to tip and turn to find that sweet hello! So fun, and pretty, TK!
=]

Carol said...

I love this design and the image you chose. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers, and your card is such a joy! We are enjoying having you with us this month at JUGS!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love this technique! This turned out really pretty :)

Loll said...

Beautiful card TK. Love your hidden hello in the gorgeous hydrangea. So very creative and fun. Congrats again on being GD for JUGS. xx

Lisa Elton said...

I see it and I love it, TK! I've never tried this camouflage technique, I need to give it a go. You make it looks so pretty!

Cat Craig said...

Your hydrangea with the camo sentiment is lovely. Those big floppy heads on the hydrangea are so inviting.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully colored hydrangea and I certainly can see the “hello” you eclipsed. At least I think that is what that technique is called. At any rate you got the challenge done very well.

Bobby said...

Eclipse is a wonderful technique and you did a great job using your "hello" for it, TK. Wonderful coloring on the hydrangea too.

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, TK! Love this hydrangea and how you've colored it! Love how you did the hello and that you are GD at JUGS!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous card, TK. I love the hidden sentiment!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely coloring and camouflaged Hello!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love beautiful coloring on that big hydrangea and the way you did your inlaid Hello. You continue to rock as our Guest Designer!

Nancy said...

You hit a home run with this card, TK. It is fabulous! Grat coloring too! I love this!

Ina G said...

Like everyone else TK I love your beautiful softly coloured hydrangea and your hidden 'hello' makes this card so special. Love it and also how you highlight it with the coloured background and onto your base.

cm said...

Your hydrangea is a lovely nesting spot for the pretty hello message. This camo (or is it eclipse?) technique is fun in giving a card front a bit of extra pizzazz.
~carol

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous and I love that technique! I love hydrangeas and you colored it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

What a neat technique. I'll have to give that a try. Love the Hydrangea. Mine is just starting to bloom and it's a pink one just like your pretty card has.