6.19.2023

Masculine

Hello again!
Today I have a couple of cards, they were sent out for Father's Day but I hadn't gotten them posted yet.  The first card will go to NBUS #51 for a new stamp set ~


I made a little scene, colored everything with Copics, a little ink blending for the sun rays and put a little Wink of Stella on Mr Fish.  Hindsight, I added some glossy accents to the fish but failed to take another picture.

For my second card, I used a favorite gnome.  He was actually sitting in my TBD box already colored, but I did add some more coloring to change up the color from a slightly purple blue to a deep teal.


I initially was going to scrap this guy because I re-stamped after coloring to darken the outline and didn't get it quite square - arrghhh!  I think I successfully used a Copic liner to just make wider lines and salvage the cutie!  He was then cut down and popped onto a matching card base.

Supplies:
   Card 1 ~
      HB - Hooked on You & Fishing Legend (both NBUS)
      PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle
   Card 2 ~
      St Bella - Gnome on a Swing
      PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle


I hope you had a wonderful weekend (an extended one for those in the US celebrating Junteenth) with lots of sunshine and fun!

Hugs,
TK






8 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Father’s Day cards. My favorite is the first one though!

I Card Everyone said...

Two wonderful cards for the men in your life, TK! Sorry that fish got away - bet he was super slippery from that glossy accents!
You did a great job changing up that gnomie's color - and a much better job of correcting those lines than I did recently!
=]

Bobby said...

Great card for a fisherman, TK. Great coloring and I love how the sun shines down on the scene. Way to save that darling gnome.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great fishing card and I adore the swinging gnome!

Cat Craig said...

Love them both, especially the fishing pole.

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards TK. LOVE your new stamp and you've coloured it perfectly. What a great scene that would brighten any day of someone who loves to fish! And your gnome is adorable. Love him in teal. He looks so happy sitting on the garden swing. Great work with your copics to "save" him. xx

Bonnie said...

Two great Father's Day cards, TK! I love how that fish is flying far from the hook! And the gnome is fantastic! What a great save! I'll have to remember that as a way to fix the double stamping.

Anonymous said...

Both are really fun cards. Fishing cards are "in" right now.