4.02.2023

Spread Your Wings

 Hello!
I hope all is well in your parts, I know they're forecasting more snow on the west side, and I've heard of the tornadoes recently.  My heart and prayers go out to all who are affected by the extremes that seem to be landing in our lap.

Today's card will be heading to FMS #579 and CTD #736 - Yellow, Sage and Gray and NBUS #49, for a previously unused stamp.  I don't even remember where I got these stamps, but this is the third of four that I've used.  The card will also be heading to a co-worker who is spreading her wings and stepping out in faith.  We will miss her but wish her well.


I stamped the girl on Hammermill 100#, then colored her with Copics before cutting her out with the beaded oval die.  With the colors all being light, I decided to cut two more oval in similar colors that I was fortunate enough to have in my stash.  I then stamped the sentiment, cut the white layer shorter, and let the second coordinating layer hang out.  I initially had a yellow layer too, but as not happy that it was going to cover both of her adorable stockinged legs.


What?  You've never seen yellow-headed gray birds?  Well that just blows my mind -- I'm sure I've seen them somewhere (or maybe that was in my mind).

ETA:  Here it is!  My gray bird with a yellow head (thanks, Cat)!  It's called a Verdin and gorgeous!




  


Supplies:
   Santoro London - On Top of the World
   SZX - Beaded Oval dies  ETAx2:  It has come to my attention that this die may actually be Spellbinders, not Sizzix.  I've had it for so long and it was originally not marked -- sorry!

Well I must run and get this posted, take care and I will see you around.

Hugs,
TK




11 comments:

Karren said...

These Santoro images are so cute! You've used this image to create a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cat Craig said...

out west, there are verdin's that are gray and yellow. great use of the sketch and colors for the challenges.

Judy Rozema said...

Such a sweet image and your coloring is lovely! Thank you for playing at FMS this week!

Bonnie said...

This gal is adorable with her striped stockings! We've had some birds that are gray with yellow rumps, but not yellow heads! I'll keep my eyes out for some!

Lisa Elton said...

She's adorable, TK and so is your card! Your co-worker will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Bobby said...

That girl is adorable and you've really brought her to life with your wonderful coloring, TK.

Broni said...

So cute! Love the offset ovals! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous birds, fabulous, beautifully colored little striped-stockinged girl, and OH MAN do I need that oval die, TK!! More please!

Darnell said...

I'm always amazed at the variety of fabulous birds in the world. Just fascinating ~ thank you, Cat! I love your encouraging design for your co-worker, TK! That triple off-set scalloped mat adds a ton of interest, but the beautifully colored image is the star! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image. Love how you layered the various ovals. Your card is really cute.

Rosemary said...

sweet card, tk. lovely take on the colors and sketch!