12.01.2022

NBUS - Christmas Poinsettias

 Hello and welcome!
If you're new, thanks for coming by and if you're an old friend, I'm thankful for you too!

I'm honored to say that I've been invited again to be the Guest Designer over at Darnell's terrific challenge, NBUS #45.  It's a challenge that we all need, because frankly we all have new stuff that's just itching to be used.  


I've come today with a new 3D embossing folder.  What terrific texture and depth!  While I love all that beauty, I also challenged myself with a new-to-me technique of embossing, then coloring the embossed elements.  You've likely seen this around lately, and here's my card ~


Wow!  Love the dimension!  I colored the flowers with Copics but left the greenery white, to let the poinsettias shine.  I then hot foiled the sentiment, layered it up with dark green (tho it looks black) cardstock and adhered it.

This folder is actually so big that I was able to cut two smaller panels, and made a second card with a slightly different layout ~


How about you?  Are you inspired to dig out your NBUS products?  Join us!

Supplies:
   SB - Scenic Poinsettia folder (NBUS), Holiday Florals (sentiment), Aura glimmer foil

I hope to see your pretties in the gallery!

Hugs,
TK




11 comments:

Darnell said...

Thank you so much, TK, for being the Guest Designer this month for NBUS! Your card is literally breathtaking! You have an incredibly steady hand to be able to color those poinsettias with such precision, not to mention your coloring/shading is perfect in pink! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Congrats on being GD at NBUS, TK! Gorgeous cards using your new poinsettia EF. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So bright and beautiful for the Christmas season! I love this card. Gorgeous poinsettia embossing folder.

Bobby said...

What a beautiful job coloring those poinsettia, TK. I love both cards.

I Card Everyone said...

You're a wonderful guest designer, TK! Don't you just love an embossing folder that gives this much dimension? Beautifully colored, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love this beautiful embossing folder and you've colored these poinsettias beautifully!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, TK your card is BEAUTIFUL!

Cat Craig said...

This is gorgeous, and congrats on your GD.

baileyrosy.com said...

OH my !!! What a beauty no one would ever know it was your first try at colouring the embossed image.I've been doing it for years and never get such good results it's absolutely fabulous. Congratulations at being guest designer at NBUS.

Marie

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, tk. i like how you just colored the poinsettias.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous card, tk! love how you just colored the poinsettias!