12.07.2022

Faith, Hope & Peace

 Greetings, Friends!

Today's card is a pretty card, but unfortunately our gray winters don't allow for great lighting, so indoor lighting it is.  I've chosen the colors over at Color Hues #54 - Navy and Cream.  Here's my disclaimer, the cardstock really is Navy and Cream, I'm so disappointed that my camera cannot capture it with the current lighting.  

 

I stamped the Nativity Scene in Navy blue on cream card, then used a gelly roll in clear to add sparkle to the star atop the manger.   A Copic pen was used to mark the ground, and  then the scene cut out in a half oval.  The dark blue card stock was meanwhile spritzed with shimmer spray and left to dry.  I then mounted the scene over the shimmery sky and foiled the sentiment below.


Can you detect the shimmery sky, the shine from the Aura foil, or the sparkle of the star?  No?  Sorry, that's all I could get!  Either way, another card for the stash that soon needs to move into mailing mode!


Supplies:
   Echo Park - Wise Men Still Seek Him
   Clear Star Gelly Roll pen, SB Aura foil

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and warm!  We have gotten our first snow -- how about you?

Hugs,
TK









10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

All the shimmer, shine, and glow is there, TK - and what a wonderful Nativity stamp - that's Echo Park?? WOW what a beauty!
No snow - I'm giving all of ours to you, my friend! Aren't I generous??
=]

Cat Craig said...

Lovely, and it looks navy and cream to me.

Lisa Elton said...

Peaceful and lovely, TK!

Loll said...

Beautiful card TK. LOVE that gorgeous image that is just perfect for these colours. xx

Bobby said...

Your card is beautiful on screen, TK, so I can imagine what it looks like IRL with the shimmer and sparkle.

Karen said...

I just love this nativity scene! Die cutting it with an oval is so effective, and the shimmer and shine put it right over the top! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

It looks navy and cream to me, TK, and I love it! Such a pretty starry sky and a beautiful Nativity!

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful card, TK! That last shot does a better job of showing that you used navy and cream and we can imagine all the wonderful shimmer, shine, and schparkle! Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

what a lovely and serene card, tk!

Cindy Beach said...

I love everything about this card. It's so beautiful and has such a peaceful vibe. The image is so pretty and you using the oval die cut highlights it even more. Thanks for joining us to play at Color Hues!