12.17.2022

Happy Birthday, Deer!

 Good evening!

Today's post comes as a post-Birthday post, a card for Hubbs!  I didn't get to post it, since yesterday was his Birthday and I've been running in a BUNCH of directions trying to prepare for Christmas, his Birthday and just get caught up with life in general.  I received this set just days ago, an enabling from sweet Michele.  I thought about it, and I had no deer stamps, dies or anything so I decided this one was just too cute to pass up.  Here's my card ~


Again, I used the glorious colors from Color Hughes #54 - Navy & Cream.  I used a couple of NBUS items, so this will also go to NBUS #45.  I used the cream base, embossed the navy panel, and then cut it a little larger than half before attaching it.  The deer were stamped and die cut, attached hanging off the center panel, and then hot foiled the sentiment with matte gold and cut it down into a banner before mounting it.


As you can see, the matte gold foil looks awesome, I felt it worked better with the cream color choice.  Also, I really hope that the brown antlers are considered "neutral" since related to the cream tones.

 

Supplies:
   PTI - Deer To Me stamps/dies, Stitched Florals coverplate (all NBUS)
   SB - Slimline Confetti (Bday sentiment)


That's it for me today!  Hubbs and his bowl of peanuts are beckoning me down to the Family Room!  
I do need a few more Christmas cards and tags, so maybe you'll see some more of my "new stash" soon.

Hugs,
TK


11 comments:

Nancy said...

TK, Such a pretty card! The foiled sentiment does look perfect! I am glad to see you back again with another terrific card using our colors at Color Hues. Take care!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the deer and beautiful colors. This is a wonderful card design and a great masculine look!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy that you bought this set, TK! Your card is so wonderful and perfect for your husband's birthday in these masculine colors!
I just love the background panel you've found - I may have to take another look at it myself!
=]

Bonnie said...

Lucky you to get these deer, TK! I love how you've used them on the pierced navy background! An awesome foiled sentiment too!

Karen said...

A wonderful card! I love those deer and the embossed background is just lovely! The matte foiled sentiment is the perfect addition. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this one!! I'll bet the hubbs loved it too, TK it's fantastic!!

Bobby said...

Those deer make a fabulous masculine birthday card as well as one for Christmas, TK. Good buy!

Rosemary said...

Simply fabulous, TK.

Loll said...

Sweet card for your hubby's BD, TK. This is the perfect design for the challenge colours. Your deer are so sweet. And I LOVE the gold hot foil sentiment ... fabulous colour, fabulous font. xx

Jeanne H said...

I love your card, the deer so cute and a great mix of colors.

Hannelie said...

This is a beautiful card! I love your use of the challenge colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues !