11.29.2022

Poinsettia & Lace

 Merry Christmas!
Oh, I'm a bit early but not really if you're counting all the prep, decorations and planning!  Since we're all knee deep in it, I'll get right to the card.

Today's card is quite CAS in my perception but I do love the way that it turned out.  I'll be sending this to Peace On Earth #28, my inspiration was definitely red!


Oddly the gray skies outside left me to "wing it" on my photos (I'm sure you've noticed lately), so my red is lighter than it is IRL.  I used a beloved poinsettia die to cut out a smooshed panel using Candied Apple DI, and the sentiment was foiled.  I'm not sure why, but after mounting the poinsettia, my mind wandered to a lacy edge die, which accents the poinsettia details.  I added a secondary layer of white edging to the base.  A layer of Wink of Stella to the poinsettia, and wa-la!


Supplies:
   WF - Layered Poinsettia
   AE - Dotted Border

One down, but still working on those Christmas cards!  Have a great day! And week!

Hugs,
TK





8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty, TK! I like the touch of sparkle you added to the poinsettia!

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic red and white, so festive.

Loll said...

Beautiful card TK. LOVE the layered, sparkly poinsettia. Looks so pretty on the red card base. xx

Rosemary said...

very pretty card, tk.

Bobby said...

Beautiful CAS card, TK. That lacy edge is so festive with the lovely poinsettia.

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous in red!! and I love the darling scalloped edge!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love this poinsettia and that red background is so enchanting! Wow!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is so very pretty TFS over at POE this time hope to see you again real soon. Elaine DT x