9.20.2021

Merry Christmas in Turquoise

 Greetings, Friends!

A little disclaimer:  this one is definitely using artistic license so enter with caution -- or an open mind, either one, you decide!


I started by die cutting the poinsettia die and keeping it all together with Press 'n Seal.  I then watered colored several times with Zigs and a waterbrush to add a bit of depth.  I then carefully removed the "frame" of the die and generously pounced VersaMark all about, then dipped it in silver embossing powder.  After heat embossing, I placed the frame back around the flower, flipped it over using the PnS, and glued the underside before placing onto the die cut, pierced square.  The square was popped up with foam and the sentiment stamped.  Easy-peasy!  I do love the turquoise and silver together.

Close-up ~




Supplies:
   SSS - Holiday Poinsettia die
   MB - Pinpoint Leaf coverplate
   TE - Inside & Out Christmas

Hope you enjoyed your visit, come back soon!

Hugs,
TK






11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your turquoise Zig painting is fabulous, TK!! OH what a smart cookie you are to heat emboss that outline die-cut piece! Love the pinpoint plate, and most of all this lovely GREY sentiment! Thanks so very much for joining us for The Flower Challenge's turquoise challenge, TK!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the color choices ! Poinsettias are beautiful in any color.

Marina said...

A beautiful colour choice for a Christmas card! So lovely.

Bobby said...

This is so gorgeous, TK. Who knew poinsettias would look so good in turquoise. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty, TK! I like the turquoise and silver together!

Bonnie said...

Wow! I believe I LOVE a turquoise poinsettia, especially with the silver edges! An awesome card, my friend!

Claire said...

Ooh Tiffany blue, gorgeous! The silver and turquoise are the perfect pair especially on a Christmas card. Love the stitched panel, adds subtle interest without overshadowing the poinsettia x

Mac Mable said...

The silver embossing looks amazing and I love the blue poinsettia flower. A stunner of a card TK x.

Rosemary said...

super pretty design, tk! love that poinsettia in the soft turquoise!

Pam Sparks said...

oh this is glorious! I love poinsettias and this is amazing coloring!

Ida said...

So pretty. Love the color combo, it's unexpected but goes well together. The silver embossing makes it elegant. - So what is Press n Seal?