9.17.2021

Thankful for Autumn Colors

 Hello!

Today I have a card for a challenge that I don't often get to play in, though I wish I did!  This card will go to CAS Mix Up:  Autumn Colors!  Drumroll please...


OK, I didn't actually need the drumroll but I enjoyed it 😁  I realize this didn't take rocket science, but I do like the card!  I merely "painted" stripes across the w/c paper, then did some ink smooshing with the leftover colors onto another piece of w/c card.  I used the secondary piece to die cut several layers of the sentiment.  I heat embossed the mondo leaf onto vellum and heat embossed it.  And a close-up ~


All layered up on the woodgrain c/s -- pretty fall colors.


Supplies:
   E by E - Mondo Leafa
   SSS - Thankful die

Thank you all for the wonderful visit!  Be blessed, be safe!

Hugs,
TK




11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The autumnal stripes on the background show off the amazing vellum leaf to perfection. A stunning Autumnal card TK...Enjoyed the fun drumroll too....Lol x.

Loll said...

Fantastic design TK! LOVE those stripes of Autumn colours with the large heat embossed vellum leaf over top. Very cool! So happy you had time to join us this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercolored striped background and die cut sentiment, TK. Your vellum heat embossed leaf really put your card over the creative top! So pleased you were able to play with us at CAS Mix Up this month. Hugs...Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous! The colors are great and I love the vellum leaf and sentiment!

I Card Everyone said...

TK, this just went right to the top of the heap of cards you've made I love most!! Simple stripes, hand painted, are not 'merely' anything to accomplish - yours are perfect and just the most gorgeous of all Fall colors!
I mentioned you last night during a chat with my husband about driving through Spokane. I won, btw. Next time, we're heading south of 90!
=]

Bonnie said...

Definitely worthy of a drum roll, TK! What a wonderful background for this embossed vellum leaf! I'm putting this in my CASE file! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bobby said...

This is fantastic, TK! An easy way to add watercolor and make a big impact. Love the vellum leaf on top.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, those swiped and smooshed colors are beautiful! Love how your vellum leaf lets it all shine. Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that vellum leaf! Beautifully done TK!

Rosemary said...

So pretty, TK! The watercolor background and the embossed vellum leaf is a lovely combination!

Pam Sparks said...

This is fabulous! I love your design and colors!