9.09.2021

Sending Prayers

 Hello, Friends!

I'm popping in with another quick post - just one of those dreaded cards, and one more to make.  Here's today's card ~


While this card wasn't easily made (mentally, that is), I was able to pull this one together straight out of the snippets tray, so I'll try to come up with the supplies.  The only thing "new" here is the card base, the body of the butterfly drawn in and its winking.  A close-up to show a little shimmer and sparkle ~


I took inspiration from Darnell's Hammy and winked the butterfly, and backed the AI shimmer snippet with white cs, layering 3 times.  Literally the white stitched backing, the AI piece, the flower blossoms and the butterfly were ALL out of the snippet box, I just played with the layout.  Thank goodness for snippets today!

This will be sent off to Pixie's Snippets #411

Supplies:
   Prayers die (MFT)
   Stitched frame (Lil Inker-OOB).  
   Butterfly (SSS Butterfly drift - the negatives)
   Flowers/greenery (PTI Fresh Floral Wrap-Up - flower portion only, not using the paper cone)

That's it for me, Folks.  Thank you for the visit.

Hugs,
TK
   




10 comments:

Rosemary said...

A really lovely sympathy card, TK!

Verna Angerhofer said...

The snippets worked beautifully to make a wonderful card. So sorry you needed this card but it will be so comforting to the recipient.

Sarn said...

Sorry to hear you've needed a sad occasion card, but it's lovely. I like all the little elements you've used while still keeping it CAS.

I am commenting on behalf of Miss Di while she recovers from her fall. So please come and visit the Playground Tree House for some mischief and mayhem while you can!

Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground.
Hugs from the Snippets Head Prefect. x

sandie said...

so hard to make these cards! I do like that card colour base. I like how CAS you kept this with the focus being on the sentiment and the shine so lovely. Sweet little collection of flowers too xx

Di said...

What a lovely sympathy card TK. Very soft and gentle looking - and a pretty design too. I always keep a couple of sympathy cards to hand, so often I've found it heartbreaking to make such a card when the recipient and/or the person they lost were close to me. However, making it at the time it's needed does mean you put your heart and soul into a card made especially for them. I don't think either way is without sadness really as I always feel sad when I sent a pre-made card and wish I'd made a fresh one especially.

Hugs

Di xx

Bonnie said...

The die cut prayers is cut from a beautiful piece, TK! Such pretty colors that sends a peaceful feeling!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the little collage of elements in the corner, this is lovely!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful us of the snippets and a peaceful CAS sympathy card x.

Bobby said...

Snippets can be your friend somedays, TK, and this is one of those days. Love the AI sentiment.

Claire said...

Considering you had a hard time mentally making this card (understandable) it has turned out beautifully. I do like the way 'prayers' turned out and with the pop of pinks it's subtle but uplifting x