7.25.2021

Prayers

 Hello, All!

I've come with a couple of cards -- those cards we all hate to make but need to send.  These took much longer than they should have, but sometimes when it's so personal, it's harder.  I knew I wanted to use "the great outdoors" as the recipients are in Colorado, where the outdoors is a way of life to most.  While I made two cards, I wanted them similar yet stand on their own and I think I accomplished that.

Card #1 -


I had wanted to participate in Loll's CAS Mix Up challenge, which was to use AIs (in whatever form) onto vellum, but missed the deadline due to other life deadlines...  but I accomplished the cards and that was the primary goal anyway.  I did use the colors from Color Hues #22 - Lime & Aqua, so one of these will be heading over there.

Card #2


Both cards were made by smooshing AIs onto vellum, in multiple layers, drying in between, so I used more lime in one card and more aqua in the other card.  After cutting the front panel, I added a second white panel behind the AI/vellum, so that the colors would be more vibrant.  Here they are together ~



If you noticed in the first photo, these particular AI's are "pearl", so a photo to show the shimmer ~


I then ink blended a panel and cut the word die, layering it 3 times and coloring around the outside edges with a Copic, added it to the panel and stamped "sending".

Supplies:
   MFT - Prayers die, Deepest Sympathy stamps (inside)
   SSS - Birch Tree College die, Evergreen Circle die



Thank you for stopping by, and please hug your loved ones today!

Hugs,
TK







19 comments:

Nancy said...

These are both so pretty in shades of Aqua and Lime Green. The background on your first one looks just so perfect as if you were stepping into a luscious forest. I just love the bold prayers die as it really catches your attention. Both cards will be appreciated. Thanks for making our colors shine at Color Hues.

Mac Mable said...

What beautiful cards with a pretty colour combination and the shimmer from the pearls looks so pretty. Sorry you had to make the two cards TK but they are made with love and look peaceful and wonderful x. What a fun technique too with the alcohol inks and vellum x.

Claire said...

These are beautiful stand alone cards yet compliment each other when stood side by side. I have to admit to liking your first card a teeny tiny bit more, its the colour and the die is so pretty x

Kate said...

Two gorgeous cards - I'm sure they will bring comfort to the recipients.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty sympathy cards, TK they're so peaceful!

Karen said...

Both cards are lovely! Your AI backgrounds are gorgeous, and I particularly like the wonderful frame on the first card. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Rosemary said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make, but you have made it look easy with these two beautiful and heartfelt cards! The backgrounds you created with the Color Hues combo are so pretty!

Marina said...

The backgrounds look magical behind the tree diecuts.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful use of dies and colors. I am so sorry for your loss. But I am sure these cards will bring comfort.

sandie said...

I think these are lovely. You achieved what you wanted and I like they are lovely fresh colours which is always good for these cards. Lovely shine too xx

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, TK!
=]

Bobby said...

Both are so gorgeous and tranquil, TK. The recipients are sure to know how much thought went into it.

Cindy Beach said...

These are beautiful and lovely use of the colors too. I love the subtle sheen on the backgrounds, which are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...these are so beautiful! Love the gorgeous colors, so peaceful.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful alcohol ink on vellum backgrounds, TK! Perfect for outdoor lovers and beautifully! Lovely sympathy cards. Sorry you needed to send them.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful, special cards. The little bit of shimmer is so lovely.
xxx

Julie B said...

Love the soft mixing the smooching gave your backgrounds, the white frames really set them off. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

Ida said...

These are both so beautiful. Love the colors/backgrounds. The die for your first card is cool, I think I have it on a "wish list".

Kristie Goulet said...

These are so beautiful! I love the backgrounds & dies you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!