4.21.2020

Thinking of You

It's a record - Another card - ta da!!  I started making another Sympathy card because I need to make more before they're needed.  While we hope we never have to give one or send one, that just isn't reality.  However, I decided to leave the inside blank so I could leave my options open, I'm not sure if the cs color is just too much for Sympathy.  My card started with wanting to make a cluster of blooms, then I went looking for colors that made me happy and found them at IB - Cute Critters.  While I would've LOVED to have been able to incorporate that teal, I wasn't sure it was right for this card.  Here's the result ~


I seemed to struggle with these "artsy" flowers on my last card, and while I stamped this on watercolor paper, I spritzied the stamp, stamped and then re-stamped which worked better for me.  Hindsight, I also wish that I would've stopped the banner at the left side of the white card -- it just seems to blend too much into the base cardstock (alas my glue was too good and I couldn't get it back up).  I did do some masking so I could add in random greenery here and there -- a close up ~


Supplies:
   Altenew - Brushed Art Florals
   HA - Everyday Sayings

   

Hope everyone is still doing well, staying happily busy in their favorite crafting spot.

Hugs,
TK


9 comments:

Danni Reid said...

Your card is a beautiful sympathy card and I know what you mean, you don't ever want to make them but don't want to be without one either. Thank you for sharing with us this week @ Inspired By!

Cat Craig said...

beautiful card. sadly I already had to send one of my recently made ones out. Hope yours stay in your stash quite a while.

sandie said...

I think it is superb, love the design and the flowers look great. I think this is good for a sympathy card as it is nice that these kind of cards are not always such dull colours-people need a little cheering in these times too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I think it would be a wonderful sympathy card. I like the layout and blooms on it.

Bobby said...

Your flowers make such a beautiful bouquet, TK.

I Card Everyone said...

TK this is a beautiful card for condolences, and a wonderful way to tell someone you have them in your thoughts. Thanks so much for finding your inspiration at IB! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your bouquet makes for a lovely sympathy card TK!

Rosemary said...

so cheerful and pretty! this will definitely brighten someone's day, tk!

Anita in France said...

This is so gentle and lovely, TK ... I think the soft yellow base is a great choice for a condolence card ... it's understated and calm. Hugs, Anita :)