4.15.2020

Mom

Howdy, Wonderful World of Bloggie-Land!  I hope everyone is doing well, managing through the "stay home, stay safe" and keeping your hearts uplifted.  It appears that as far as our state, we are at a "leveling" point, or so they are starting to say.  Our area was later to get it and so we are still on the incline but amazinginly a lot fewer cases that I would've expected.  We are an area of 3 cities, and 2 adjacent towns, at the confluence of 3 rivers (in the desert) but over 200,000 people -- so we're doing well with under 500 cases!  My prayer is that all of you are doing the same!

Ok onto the card that you came to visit  (P.S. I hope I'm not too early for posting a Mother's Day card)...


This all came about because I wanted to use the die that Verna gave me in a different way, so I did a partial die cut to make a window, and cut the bottom straight edge with a ruler and exacto knife into gray cs.  I popped up this section over a small section of leftover shaving cream smooshed panel to create a colorful backdrop, but unfortunately you can't see a lot of it!  Iwanted a window box, but I didn't have one so I used a window die, and only cut the top "frame" portion to make my box.  Then I stamped, Copic colored, added WoS and fussy cut out a couple flowers and a frond.  Lastly, I die cut 3 flower outlines from different colors of vellum.  All these were stuffed carefully tucked into the window box.  I stamped and cut a matching label.  Here's a close-up ~

 You can barely see the pinks and lavenders from the shaving cream smoosh in this view.  I stamped the inside sentiment and added a matching border!


I can't tell you how much this card makes me happy!  I'm not usually an overly layer-y type person, but I do like this with all the sparkly flowers.  I like it well enough that I'm entering it at The Flower Challenge #43 Spring/Autumn, my second card.   Hope you've enjoyed it too!  

Supplies:
   SB - Labels 4 (window)
   PS - Grand Madison Window (dissected to make my window box)
   C&9 - Floral & Flutter dies, Wild Flower stamp
   PTI - My Mother, My Friend

Thank you for the visit, and sharing a bit of your day with me, I truly appreciate all of you more than you'll ever know!  You are my inspiration and cheerleaders, and for that I'm thankful.

Hugs,
TK

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your card is really lovely, TK - and that shaving-cream-y beauty was too awesome to waste a scrap - so smart to tuck it into your window, with its pretty little window box full of delights! Mom is going to love it! and I love that you still have a Mom to gift it to! xx
=]

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely. I love how you made the window box and the flowers are beautiful along with the vellum. Everything just sparkles. I'm glad you are safe even with the lower amount of cases and I hope it stays that way.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card that any Mom would love. And, love the way you are using those dies. So glad they work for you. That window box idea is fantastic!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely Mother's Day card. THe sparklies are fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

Your layered blooms and their pretty background are marvelous! Your mom will love this TK!

Claire said...

Pretty Mother's Day, I do like the addition of vellum flowers as it softens the look making it perfect for Moms. I believe the UK is still on the incline and its definitely a rollercoaster of feelings, hopefully the balance will tip sooner rather than later x

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and so delicate, TK ... the layering is lovely! A gorgeous arrangement that your Mom will love! Hugs, Anita :)