4.20.2020

Prayers

Hello, and welcome!  Glad you had time to stop by and chat.  I hope all is well with you and yours.

Today I have another Sympathy card, which was made from a smooshed panel that sat around far too long (I have soooo many more).  Since it has a pretty background, I decided to use a solid/outline image that can easily stand alone.  So I cut down the panel, inked up the stamp, layered it with a die cut sentiment which I chose to put underneath the colored vellum.  I know, a little different but I actually like it.  Here it is !


The vellum is a very pale blue and I think it mellows out the sentiment, and then doesn't appear too stark against the simple background.  Then I added a sentiment inside, and lightly inked the image inside ~

 

There were a couple of sketch challenges that I thought about entering this into, but I was afraid it wasn't close enough so it'll have to stand all by itself.  Thanks for coming to visit!  Til we meet again...

Supplies:
   Stampendous - Agapanthus Cluster
   LI - Stitched Rectangle
   MFT - Prayers stamp/die; Deepest Sympathy

Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Prayers that are unheard are often the ones that are most heartfelt, in my humble opinion. TK the soft blue vellum is such gentle design touch. Tucking those prayers under it? You may have started a trend! Really beautiful, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love that background with the subtle shades of blue, TK! It's so perfect for the simple silhouetted flowers. What a fantastic idea to put the vellum over the die cut sentiment! I love how it softens it! A beautiful inside card too;; calm and serene.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous sympathy card, TK.

Claire said...

And it stands by itself very beautifully. Nice idea to pop the sentiment die under the vellum, it gives it a rather ethereal feel making it perfect as a sympathy card x

Bobby said...

Those flower silhouettes are perfect on that glorious background, TK.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card Tk! I like the vellum overlay!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful and the sentiment is perfect with it too. I love the background panel you used.

Rosemary said...

a lovely soft and soothing design, tk... just the way a sympathy card such be!

Anita in France said...

Delicate, serene and lovely, TK ... taking the design to the inside makes it extra special. Hugs, Anita :)