1.27.2020

Peace Poinsettia

Greetings, Friends!
I made a card to play along Time Out #153 Wardrobe.  We're instructed to use something from our wardrobe, past or present.  I chose a comfy little number (haha - you gotta know me), which is actually just a v-neck styled baseball jersey that I happen to love because of it's color, so that's where my inspiration came from.  Oh and the twist, embossing or texture, and I'll let you guess where that is; the sponsor is Poppystamps, so I've used a couple of their products.  Onto the card...




I'm doing so well with Christmas, that I thought I'd keep up the momentum!  Maybe this year I won't have to use 3 entire weekends to play catch up...  Anyway, I used a couple of dies, leaving the card CAS for the most part.  My shirt is burgundy with white stripes, so lots of white space.  And the gold?  Well it's Christmas.  After taking pictures, putting my watermark on them and looking closer, I decided the card was too plain so ran back down the craft room, added some gold pen around the edges, edited again and ta-da!  I won't bore you with my shirt because... well... it's showing wear because it's a favorite and I'm sure you get the picture anywhooo.  So I'll zip off and get this posted, and then be off to look at all of your lovely creations.


Supplies:
   PS - Holiday Poinsettia die (after die cutting, just run it through again with a mat and it embosses)
   PS - Peace, Love, Joy tags
   DP - There was no tag, and I've had this for ages, just using it sparingly so unfortunately I can't say from where it came
   Gold thread, gold pen

Thanks for popping in today.
Hugs,
TK


10 comments:

Anita in France said...

Such a wonderfully dimensional, texture-y poinsettia, TK ... fabulous with the touches of gold in the peace tag ... and the added frame! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

The tone on tone effect on the pretty poinsettia looks so beautiful and crisp against the white. Great addition of the gold tag and the gold edging x. Fun inspiration to use your favourite shirt x.

I Card Everyone said...

It's clear to see the fabulous texture, and embossing, TK! What a fabulous die that is... Oh, I have plenty of well-worn items in my closet, too!
SO pretty!
=]

Joyce said...

What a lovely card. That flower is beautiful, and I love the texture in your various card elements. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous and I love all the dimension in that poinsettia. Beautiful colors. The touch of gold is so lovely with it too. I am enjoying making Christmas cards too.

gomaa elsayed said...


The best home services in Al-Jubail city, cleaning villas and homes, sewage removal, and full cleaning services such as apartments, villas, carpets, tanks, pest control and termite control in Jubail

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف كنب بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالجبيل والقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف فلل بالجبيل

Lisa Elton said...

Comfy, count me in LOL!! This is terrific TK, love the sparkle!

Rosemary said...

oh that poinsettia is just gorgeous, tk!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it
was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to
everything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers?
I'd definitely appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There's an issue together with your
web site in web explorer, might check this? IE still
is the marketplace leader and a large part of other people will leave out
your wonderful writing due to this problem.