1.18.2020

Today, Tomorrow, Always

Hello Everyone!  I spent a bit of time in the craft room today, so I wanted share and play along at a challenge.  I made this first one using the sketch over at FMS #418.



As you can see there's quite a bit of sparkle, hopefully not blinding though.  I love this die, and really like the way I did the sentiment.  I wanted to add some blue to the left side, and red to the right, so I layered the strip a bit and cut it on the angle.  I hope you all like it, this one I'm really happy with.  And next a close-up...


I weeded out a few areas of the heart to let the sparkle shine through.  I thought about piecing back in a few sections of green but opted to leave it open.  


Supplies:
   SSS Heart of Roses die
   ME True Friends (sentiment)
   MFT Stitched Scalloped Edge

Well I'm off to maybe get another post started.  Hope all of you are well, safe, warm and happy!  Til we meet again, Friends ...

Hugs,
TK




14 comments:

Darnell said...

What a sexy schparkly take on the sketch, TK! It's gorgeous and I love that you let the schparkle show through the roses!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

I like your sentiment, and the strip, TK! Navy was such a great choice with the burgundy, and that dazzling shimmer! What a darling swirly floral Valentine!
=]

Happy Dance said...

Such an elegant card, TK. All that sparkle, and those colors together look amazing. Love how you let that paper shine through the openings in the heart. Clever idea to cut your sentiment strip on an angle, too. Sweet card. Bev

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the heart die you used and that sparkle you added is just perfect with it. The way you did the sentiment is so very attractive and helps to give a dramatic look to the whole card design. You did well indeed with this creation!

Mac Mable said...

What a sparkly and stunning card and so very pretty and yes I like how you did the sentiment too x.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully sparkly. Great use of the sketch TK. I love that you put color in the die cut roses as well.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is absolutely beautiful. Love your gorgeous heart and all that fabulous sparkle!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card! I love the glitter paper peeking through the delicate heart. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, TK! Love all the sparkle! Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my card!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful sparkle and design. That heart looks so cool! So glad you linked up at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

The sparkle and that pretty floral heart die are wonderful! This is pretty TK!

Karren said...

Beautiful, sparkly card and that heart is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bobby said...

I'm glad you let the sparkle show through that lacy heart, TK. The two-colored sentiment strip was a good call.

Anita in France said...

Sparkly, shimmery, dramatic and fabulous, TK ... the sentiment strip looks so stylish against the glimmer-shining-through heart! Hugs, Anita :)