1.20.2020

A Confession and a Challenge

OK so first things first...  Other than church and a short trip to the store, I spent my 3-day weekend in pajamas in my craft room!  While that's not bad, the number of "attempts" I made is positively horrendous!  I think I've just plum hit a wall...  
I was actually trying to enter the Twofer Challenge with yesterday's post but after chatting with Cat, I saw that they were two cards about love and while different, were actually too close.  Trust me, this is not blame, but that my eyes have been opened.  Onto today and trying more cards with the same SSS Heart of Roses die, and unfortunately more similar.  Bummer!  Then TOTALLY by accident, I was looking for some pp, which got flipped onto my desk haphazardly and skidded underneath a negative from one of the previous heart cuts, and a happy accident happened...


Isn't that just the sweetest frame?  After that "accident", it sure was easy to pick the theme for this one  :o)   The base cs is actually dark gray but shows black, which is unfortunate.  Now onto coming up with a DIFFERENT card, different layout...  Again I hit a wall, so I went to help my daughter finish up dinner, clean the kitchen and then ta-da... a second thought!


Here they are together, one for a new home and one wedding ~


And because I told you I kept making something similar...


I like this one because of the semi-weeding...    I had difficulty placing it onto a background but then I came up with this dimensional ef that wasn't too girly -- sometimes difficult, especially when the card will be for Hubbs at some point.  I have to admit, I may not have to make another romantic card for a few years   :oP

These will be entered over at the Twofer Challenge #23


Supplies:
   Card 1 ~ SSS Heart of Roses die (negative)
                  AE Home Sweet Home
                  BoBunny dp
   Card 2 ~ PTI Love & Marriage
   Card 3 ~ SSS Roses for You
                  WRM Quilted Pinpoint ef

Well thanks for letting me confess, ramble and hopefully give you something worthy.  Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.  Take care all, til next time,

Hugs,
TK

13 comments:

Happy Dance said...

No confession necessary. And it's not rambling...It's chatting with friends! And yes, you've given us two 'somethings worthy.' With an extra! That's a sweet New Home card. Love the image of the birds inside the heart. So cute! And I love the wedding card. Those rosy hearts are amazing. You've done a great job with these cards, TK. Keep it going girl! : ) Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. xo Bev

I Card Everyone said...

Way to go, TK!! After our coaching session, I gave up! lol Your new home, and wedding cards are the perfect time to pull out this sweet heart again!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, girl! You nailed these Twofers. They are fantastic and I love how the negative and positive of the heart was used on the cards. Good thing we have a few happy accidents now and then!

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog and so glad you kept going as your card are fabulous....all so different, with fabulous and different designs x. Extra loving the first one and what a stunning design x. Yay to spending three days in PJ's x

Cat Craig said...

TK, the aperture from the die negative makes for a sweet frame around your scene. The two delicate rose heart dies are perfect for your sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Twofer Card Challenge #23.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh have I ever been there, complete loss of mojo! Good for you to push through it and come up with three fabulous cards!

Jane Willis said...

That is such a stunning die I can see why you kept comping back to similar makes with it, but using the negative to frame that lovely paper was a real flash of inspiration

Jane
Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge

Darnell said...

I'm glad my hard-working and kind Team were a help to you TK, but I'm sorry to hear your designs were giving you fits. It happens to all of us! Way to go persevering and coming back to it because the results are fantastic! I love them all! And go you getting to spend the long weekend in your pjs! (Then again, my crafting "outfit" is as comfy as pjs, lol!) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Beach said...

TK, playing the Twofer, is well... a challenge! One I completely missed the first time I tried. I hope you enjoyed your time of crafting. I love the cards you made! The new home card is the one I like best. I'm a bird lover.

Anonymous said...

In fact no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to
other people that they will help, so here it occurs.

Anita in France said...

What a great post, TK ... you sure cracked the two different designs after all your efforts! I can relate ... think we've all been there! Those sweet birds in their heart frame are just adorable ... and how elegant are those dainty die cut hearts layered one on the other ... lovely! Your third card has a lovely richness about it ... the texture is perfect for a love card for a man ... your DH is sure to love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Your perseverance paid off, TK. Not only do you have two wonderful cards for the challenge but several others to use as you need them.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of valentines, TK! The first one with the little birds is so sweet!