2.02.2020

A New Beginning

Squeaking in to post a card for a co-worker heading to a new job so I wanted to wish her well.  Not much time left in the challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches #420, so I'll get on with it.  Here's their sketch, love it!


And my card...


Ok so you all heard my woeful water coloring attempts, but I'm happy with this one.  I'm definitely not a pro but when you're happy with it...  go for it!  I had this die cut already on my desk in a pile to use so thought it would work perfectly with the sketch.  I colored it with Zigs, waited for it to dry and glued it onto the circle.  A pale gray was inked for a minimalistic background, then heat embossed the sentiment and cut it out.

A close-up of the background and shine, which is hard to see ~



SuperBowl is about to begin, so better wrap this up.  Hope everyone had a terrific weekend, and I'll see you all soon!

Supplies:
   MFT Blushing Flower Branch
   MFT Linen Background
   E by E Be The Change (sentiment) 
   MCS Ornate Label die

Hugs,
TK

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely sendoff for your co-worker TK! I'm sure she appreciated it!

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, TK ... your watercolouring on this sweet floral sprig is fabulous ... such a perfect image of blooms unfolding to go with that delicious sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

A really pretty card TK!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve that linen background stamping, TK!! Your Zig water coloring is fabulous! btw practice makes perfect, and you've aced it here! xx
=]

Cat Craig said...

Oh that cherry blossom (Or is it apple?) is lovely. What a sweet and thoughtful card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful coloring on that wonderful die. Looks so much like Spring. And, the sentiment is perfect for such an occasion as this. I am sure your co-worker loves it too!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely image to go with this terrific sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! Love those sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your pink flowers are lovely! Pretty card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing.
The clearness to your publish is just great and i
can assume you are a professional on this subject.

Fine along with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to stay
updated with coming near near post. Thanks one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful, feminine and beautiful card with wonderful colouring x Hope you enjoyed the superbowl? x

Claire said...

Such a pretty card, watercoloured lovely in the delicate pinks. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a kind comment x

Rosemary said...

your coloring is so pretty on this lovely design, tk! I know your co-worker will treasure this!

Bobby said...

The subtle background design looks wonderful with your softly colored flowers, TK. Perfect sentiment for the occasion.