2.22.2020

A Sketch, Confetti and Leaves

Hello, Friends!  Posting here from my PC so praying all goes well.  I hope all has been great for you, sunny skies and wide smiles.

This post used a sketch, which has since passed, because I couldn't post for a bit.  You see, this one's for Daughter (Dtr) #2 who's Birthday is tomorrow!  We'll be celebrating and enjoying the company of my girls, son-in-laws and grandson.  But because I used the sketch over at CTS #359 Retro, I wanted to show you the sketch anyway.  I didn't participate in the original sketch either but had fun with it the second time around!


In addition to the sketch above, I used inspiration from TO #155 (I dialed in on "confetti") and TFC #41 (add leaves).  Here she is in all her colorful glory ~


Okay first a confession again!  While I love the card, my abilities with PS Elements (also a newer version) under the guidance of Windows 10 has suffered...  this again, is not a square card, nor did it look square while I was editing it!  It has to be a change somehow, maybe in the ratio?, and I haven't gotten focused in on what I'm doing YET.  All that aside, I think you can see the sketch, the confetti and my leaves -- success in my book!  See my white eraser, Michele?  I have successfully learned the easiest way to get my stamps ready for ink - yay - and thank you.

My card will be posted at:

     


Supplies:
   C&9th - Bitty Burst Turnabout/template
   MFT - Fold Up Tag
   CB - Mini Floral Collage (NBUS)
   AE - Loads of Wishes (NBUS)
   PTI - Turning a New Leaf die

That's it for me, Folks, but my wish is that everyone has a fantastic weekend 
with tons of restoration and relaxation! 

Hugs,
TK

6 comments:

Bobby said...

It may be your computer screen TK, because your cards don't look square to me. This looks like a party on a card and I'm sure your daughter loved it. Thanks for sharing it at The Flower Challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Your card doesn't look square to me. It looks like a bright cheerful way to say happy birthday to your daughter. Hope you all had a fab celebration.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very beautiful and I love the colorful background design. The tag on the card is so lovely too with that embossed lily. And that is a great idea to die cut vellum as you did with the leafy branch.

Mac Mable said...

What a great combination of the elements and a wonderful composition. The tag looks so pretty and the vellum leaves look fabulous. I love this card TK. The card doesn't look square on my screen either x.

Anita in France said...

What delicious collage layering, TK ... such wonderful detailing! The confetti background is so fun and so vibrant ... perfect for a birthday! Your card looks rectangular on my screen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen