2.04.2020

Beautiful Butterfly

This card was made for a challenge over at CTS #357 and I think it fits the bill, I hope it isn't so subtle that it doesn't work.  I'm happy that I put this on SSS Fog cs or else the texture would've been even harder to see.  However, I'm okay if it doesn't, they're the judges, and I trust the process.  
Here's their sketch ~


For the stripes, I decided to use texture instead to change it up a bit...



For the "stripes", I used embossing paste through a stencil, first translucent on the top, white in the middle, and pearl .  I first masked off the center and used paste for the upper and lower sections, and lastly through the middle.  Just underneath the lower portions of the wings, you'll notice a couple dots that actually have two pastes within them.  I also masked off the lower and upper edges like the sketch, leaving room for a sentiment later.   The butterfly was colored with Copics and fussy-cut.  Last but not least, I used a border edge to define the edge a little more.  

I'm so glad I could make the challenge, even if deemed that it doesn't fit, it stretches me and I enjoy the process and comraderie.  Thank you for the opportunity to grow.

Supplies:
   SSS - Circle Dots stencil
   E by E - Be The Change

Hugs and Sunny Day Wishes to all,
TK


13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Interesting take to use the various sized and thickness of those circles for the center panels. Either way its a lovely card.

I Card Everyone said...

Well you HAD ME at gray, and butterfly! We are so happy to have you join us, TK! I happen to think your impression of the stripes is very clever!
Remember there is never a wrong way when it comes to creating smiles...
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful. I love the texture you have applied and using the fog card stock works great as well.

Mac Mable said...

I think it's a fabulous interpretation of the challenge sketch and your masking and paste looks creative and wonderful. A very pretty butterfly and one stunner of a card x.

Lisa Elton said...

Those shimmery dots and that pretty little butterfly look wonderful together TK! This is a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no doubt very shortly
it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.

Anonymous said...

I used to be recommended this website via my cousin.
I'm now not certain whether or not this put up is written by him
as nobody else recognise such precise approximately my problem.

You are incredible! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great article. I am experiencing a few of these issues as well..

Rosemary said...

what a fun and creative take on the sketch, tk! that butterfly is so pretty!

Pam Sparks said...

oh I love seeing creative takes on sketches! So pretty TK!

Bobby said...

Way to think outside the box, TK. The varying colors of texture paste look great on the fog cs.

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous blue hues on your lovely butterfly, TK ... and such delicious, delicate background shimmer ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

I love your out-of-the-box thinking on this one, TK, and I think the challenge ladies will appreciate it as well! Very clever and very beautiful coloring on the butterfly!! Hugs, Darnell