2.22.2020

A Peach of a Day!

Hello again!  I'll try to contain my excitement, but not only did I get a post out yesterday, but now I'm preparing another one!  On top of that... I created these cards AND  I making it just in the nick of time for a couple more challenges!  So here's to my peach of a day, hope yours was and is, too  :o)   Ok, enough of the goofy, onto the cards ~


This is my first attempt at no-line water coloring, and totally not successful!  My lines did not diminish into puddles of beautiful color nor blend out well at all.  Instead I had to pick up more color with a brush and add it in, leaving these peaches looking almost like lemons.  I used water color paper and Ranger inks, but I need ideas, Ladies, you are all so wonderful and I'm still a learnin'.  Needless to say, I do like the card.  I used the sketch at FMS #423, and I used my only stamp set containing a piece of fruit that I could find, totally amazing if you ever saw my stash   ;0)

My second card came from the beautiful color choices at  CTD #581 (gray, lime green, fuschia and purple), all I had to do was arrange them a bit (similar to the challenge image actually) and stamp the layers.  Once I was done, a sentiment kept coming to mind and OF COURSE I didn't have one in my stash, so upstairs to my desktop I had to run to print out my own sentiment to finish the outside, quite CAS.


I must admit I struggled with this one... I know, I know CAS but I must be OCD because I've noticed that I struggle with the "artsy looseness" of some stamp sets and I ended up "practice" stamping this about a dozen times trying to figure out how to get the perfect placement without going outside the lines -- just sayin', it can't be done!  Man I'm a dork... but I guess it's had me laughing at my own weirdness for a few hours.  On another note, that bottom peach is gray!  I realize it totally looks tan but it is MFT Hybrid Cement Gray, I promise, all my other grays have a bluish tint.

Ahhh, yes!  And because I wanted to join in over at Twofer #24, that's how all this peachy-ness came about in the first place!  I have to admit, I love the lemons and limes, and a special tugging from the beautiful berries I've seen, but alas I have a peach!  And after these two cards, well I've had a peachy day.  Here's my two cards together (again looking squarish to me, any advice with PS Elements?) ~


Here's all the challenges they'll be heading off to ~

     

I'll leave you with a list of my supplies, and fair wishes for a great day!  Thanks so much for stopping in and putting my with me today - I hope you had fun.   I truly love your visits and kindness, this online community is amazing!

Card #1 (encouragement):
   W+9 - Punny: Peach
   LI - Stitched oval die (to round the top)
   ME - Blessed
   MFT - Blueprint die
   MCS - Ornate Label die
Card #2 (Anniversary):
   W+9 - Punny: Peach
   My own computer generated, printed sentiment

Hugs,
TK



19 comments:

Susie Moore said...

I love the card with the 4 peaches. I have that set and I struggle with imperfect placement too. But YOU did a great artsy job with it. Kudos and thanks for giving me a bit of a laugh too.

sandie said...

I am loving your card for CTD, saw it in gallery and had to say wow!

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad you had a peach of a day and I loved reading your fun post. Gorgeous colours on both of the cards and wonderful colouring too. I know exactly what you mean about artsy looseness of colouring...I have great admiration to those fabulous crafters who can do it...I am like you a little with the OCD of colouring....LOL x. Both cards are fabulous and so peachy TK x.

I Card Everyone said...

First things first: you've nailed the two 'different' designs for your fruity twofer PERFECTLY, in my view, TK!! Each peachy-keen to me!
No-line water coloring can be tricky - having said that, I think your first try looks terrific! LOVE the funky stamped ones, too - yes, even the grey one!
The paper can have a huge impact on it. TH water color cardstock really loves being painted with Distress inks!
Let's talk privately about PS Elements - I do have a few thoughts about it. lol
=]

Cat Craig said...

TK your peachy cards are a delight. Your watercoloring looks fine to me, and your rainbow of peaches is quite colorful. So glad you had a peachy day joining in and playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #24.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well girl you aced that challenge. I have not done any fruit designs yet and so maybe I can work up one in the nick of time as well. I have just been too busy with other things. Too many things to try and learn in my old age. But I sure love the cards you did with that peach image. Gorgeous work!

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, TK! You are a peach to play along and I think you rocked all these challenges with your sensational peach card designs! I especially love the way you used the CT colors to stamp that gorgeous anniversary card! And I love your take on the FMS and your choice of wonderful sediments!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! I hope your whole week is peachy keen! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your colorful peaches!! In fact both cards are fabulous TK!!

Kim S said...

I love your fun take on the sketch! The peaches look great - and I love the fun way you did the sentiments. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

oldpunca said...

You've created two perfect peach cards. I like your no-line coloring. I tried it also but with a very low level of success. :-) Also your second card is great. Perfect take on color challenge.
Hugs, Sonja

Anita in France said...

I'm so pleased you had a peachy day making these delicious peachy cards, TK! Your colouring looks fabulous to me ... brings out the scrumptiousness of those velvet-y peaches! How fun to make the peaches so colourful and artsy on your anniversary card ... and what a brilliant sentiment you created to go with them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Broni said...

Such great cards!! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown this week!

Happy Dance said...

So I have this set, too, TK. And at first, I didn't use it for the exact same reason - but I have become more relaxed about in/out of the lines as I craft more. Your peaches are definitely 'peachy keen!' Great use of that FMS sketch, and your no-line is just fine! And I love the stack of non-traditionally colored peaches, too! So glad you joined us at The Twofer Challenge. xo Bev

Claire said...

Two peachy cards for the Twofer challenge, I think you did a great job with your no-line watercolouring and made a refreshing card. I like the CAS design of your second and the graphic feel. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a kind comment x

Pam Sparks said...

How fun TK and I enjoyed reading your post...made me smile! I can identify! Beautiful cards though... I can tell you spent time. CAS is deceiving!

Rosemary said...

Really fun set of fruit themed cards, TK!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations TK with the win at Twofer with these fabulous cards....so well deserved x.

Carol H. said...

Hi TK! Just saw that you are the winner over at Twofer!! Congratulations! I love your peachy cards and your no-line coloring is fabulous!! I totally get the CAS struggles but your card turned out so pretty! Way to go!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What lovely makes! They seem especially well suited to the changing seasons and have put me in the mood (big time!) whip up a fruit related make or two of my own this year. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life