2.19.2020

Amazing

Hello!  Sorry I haven't been around much, but I won't bore you with all the details, TOO much has literally been going on.  Then, a 3-day weekend to look forward to and.... shazam! my laptop takes a dive!  That wouldn't be too bad except it's what I use for all my photo editing, posting, etc.  I think I've gotten everything working again, but a precious weekend lost.  So... onto the card that you're actually here for  :o)

This one is quite CAS, I used a sketch at FMS for it but the challenge is over so I'll "free post" it - haha!  It's an Encouragement card, I suppose.   Now that I look at the photo, it appears to be a square card, odd but I assure you it's rectangle, just a weird angle.


I used a snipped of water colored embossing folder I've had for ages, I actuallalso unused on my desk so I rounded that up and layered it, and then I cut and layered that wonderful sentiment.  Somewhere in my mess is the teeny, tiny little dot for the "i" but I wanted something larger so I let it wander to parts unknown, thus the pearl was added instead.


I used a bit of glue dots, rolled them up, and gave a bit of hidden layer underneath the end of sentiment to keep it level.

Supplies:
   CB Daisy Chain ef (inked with Ranger DIs and spritzed)
   PTI Mat Stack die
   MFT Doubly Amazing die
   The inspiration came from FMS #422 sketch

Thank you all for stopping in, and for all your wonderful support and compliments!  I adore you guys!!!

Hugs,
TK

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great effect with inking up the pretty embossing folder and such a beautiful card...even if you missed the deadline x. Sorry to hear about your missed weekend and hope everything is sorted now x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lots of times my little “i” gets lost too so i love your pearl addition. Wonderful card and colors. Glad you got your laptop working again.

Viv said...

A fab embossed inky background TK - great card!

Darnell said...

Sorry for your lost weekend with laptop problems, TK, but you still managed to put together a lovely encouragement card from your snippets! If only we had a dollar for every lost i, huh?! I hope this coming weekend is carefree!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

This reminds me of our fun day of virtual-crafting together, TK! LOve that pressing, and the colors - so fabulous, and YES amazing!!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Sweet encouragement TK!

Lisa Elton said...

Computer issues are the worst! But your card is terrific!

Bobby said...

Your watercoloring embossing is what's amazing, TK. I have a hard time with that technique.

Rosemary said...

Fun take on the sketch, TK! Sorry you had computer troubles!

Anita in France said...

Such lovely warm colours, TK ... and so pretty! Glad to hear you sorted your laptop issues ... and didn't need a new one! Hugs, Anita :)