12.01.2019

Gnome For The Holidays

Howdy, Friends!   I guess if you're here, you made it through the initial holiday rush, you've recovered from "turkey-itis", and survived Black Friday... so let's get onto the card.  I found the colors over at CTD #571 to be gorgeous, conducive to Christmas, and colors I can actually come up with an idea for -- yay me!  Colors can be a stretch for me, especially when it's someone else's idea... I'm also entering this over at TO #149 Celebrations and Inspired By - Pink Christmas.



As you can see, I started with my pretty little girl, colored her and then decided that I wanted to show off more of the silver (sorry the bottom of the sentiment doesn't show well), so I cut her out and made a label with silver ep and silvery paper behind.  As for the challenge at Time Out, I didn't use the twist of "one-layer" but she is celebrating, isn't she?   And, well, I'm sure you all get where the IB challenge showed up! A close-up so you can see the silver a bit better...


I used a silver Signo pen to color her pom-pom and brim of her cap, the stitching on her dress, the stars, stocking trim and silver ep for the sentiment.  I hope you like her  :o)

         

Thank you all for popping in and sharing your kindness, it is appreciated!  Hope your holidays are everything you could hope for!  God bless you all.

Hugs,
TK
























14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Darling image, and wonderfully colored with the challenge colors.

Anonymous said...

Awesome article.

Anonymous said...

I'm now not positive where you're getting your info, however good topic.
I needs to spend some time studying much more
or figuring out more. Thank you for great info I
used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely
donate to this fantastic blog! I guess for now i'll settle for
bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to brand new updates and will share this
blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Anita in France said...

She's definitely celebrating when she's putting the Christmas star on top of the tree, TK ... she's adorable! Your colouring is delicious ... and the silver highlighting adds such yummy shimmeriness to this festive, fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

There is so much goroeus detail here-I love your use of the colours-I find colour challenges hard too-but you rocked this one! And the use of the vellum and gems just perfect. Thanks for joining Time Out

I Card Everyone said...

I sure DO see the IB inspiration, TK!! and so appreciate it when you play cards with us! She is darling! but you GNOME by now how much I love them, right! xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute little gnome and wonderfully colored too. I love the frame for your card as well.

Joyce said...

This is a super cute gnome, and I love the way you colored your card. Very very fun. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Bobby said...

Celebrating she is, TK, and she's cute doing it.

whoistracy said...

Such a pretty card! I love the row of bling on either side of your sentiment. It helps to frame it perfectly.

Broni said...

Great way to use the colors! So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

Gerrina said...

This looks so great in the non-traditional colours! A fun card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Laurel said...

This is so adorable and of course I love the pink. Thank you for playing at Inspired By.