12.04.2019

Merry Christmas Gnome

The Christmas season is in crunch time, a time for panicking (or rejoicing if you're organized) at how many cards you have left to make.  I actually (miraculously) am doing ok.  I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll be happy with myself anyway  :o)   This card has some pre-foiled candy cane stripe, and a little puff on top!  He's being sent to CTS #349 since they were the sole inspiration, which actually veered drastically from my original thought (maybe I'll get back to that...)!


As usual, it's hard to capture the shine AND get a correctly colored photo, well especially if it's overcast, which is typically the case through the winter where I'm at, so here's hoping you have some sunshine to brighten the mood, even if it's cold outside...  I added the pp, cut the window, stamped and colored the sentiment and outside holly leaves.  Then stamped my gnome on the inside, which I "artistically" added the pom-pom to!  Unfortunately I didn't have any puff paint, so I used Flower Soft for the pom-pom.  Now if my name was Michele, I'd have a stockpile of those ADORABLE little pom poms but alas I couldn't find a one!  And the inside of my card...


My sentiment had to be adjusted way left so it wouldn't detract from the gnome through the window (although I just realized I cut it off in the picture so it looks like it's off the page!), so holly leaves were added to the inside to balance it out.  I also added glassy accents to the belt and boots of Mr Gnome.

Supplies:
   TCP - What's Up, Gnomie
   MFT - Peek A Boo window
   Random pp from my stash



I hope your week is going fantastically, that you've recovered from the last holiday and are in anticipation of the next.  I also pray that all of you are staying healthy; my grandson brought home what was originally thought of as a cold, but when my middle daughter ended up having to be taken to Urgent Care post Thanksgiving, we were advised that it was indeed the flu!  I'm praying to stay healthy, and praying for all of you as well.  See you soon!


Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your darling card design with the cute gnome peeking through the window. And I love the foiled paper too. It is hard to capture the shine but we get the idea. I hope you escape the flu too. So stay healthy my friend.

Cat Craig said...

Fab card for the challenge, and that peek a boo die makes a fantastic frame.

Bobby said...

What a great idea to put the cute little gnome on the inside of the card so he's peeking through the window, TK.

I Card Everyone said...

Please stay healthy, TK! If my name was DOCTOR Michele, I'd tell you to stay home with a hot cup of honeyed tea - in your craft room!! JUST in case!
This is adorable - I'll make sure to add a few poms to your Christmas card - but that Flower Soft worked a charm! So happy to have this little guy in the CTS gallery! you GNOME I cannot resist these guys! xx
=]

Darnell said...

What a darling ganome, TK, and you've made him even cuter by spotlighting him in the frame and adding schparkly red and white striped pp! I love your flower soft pom pom on top and I know what you mean about having MF pom-pom envy! I have sent up a prayer in turn for you that no one else gets sick and those who are ill recover quickly! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this paragraph
as well as from our discussion made at this place.

Rosemary said...

Your little gnome is too darn cute, TK! Love your clever take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up something
new from right here. I did however expertise
a few technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.

I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances
times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality
score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to
my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content.
Make sure you update this again soon.

Mac Mable said...

Flu can be awful ....x I had it Christmas day two years ago and stayed in bed for 5 days....not nice at all.
What a fabulous and fun card. The gnome and his pom pom is super cute and your design is wonderful x.