9.29.2019

Sympathy or Encouragement?

I know which card I'd rather make, but going through my stash, I knew I needed both cards so I took a jab at MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #456.  Here's the inspiration...


And here's my first card...


And the inside...

Sorry for the wonky lighting, issues I have during the gray fall/winter days.  This second picture actually shows the truer color on the sentiment (and pink not white cs), where it looks almost like black ink on the front.  And here's the second card made with the same sketch, that I won't be sending to the challenge in a different color scheme and theme...


This one, I really love the colors IRL and the "different" stencil.  I ink blended on both, but used stamping on the sentiment plus the flowers on the second card.  They were quite fun.

Supplies Card #1:
   MFT - All Lined Up stencil
   MFT - Deepest Sympathy (NBUS)
   MFT - Winged Beauties stencil (NBUS)

Supplies Card #2:
   PTI - Modern Stencil #1 of 3
   Verve - Matthew 11:28
   E by E - Bold Blooms   
   

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend was awesome!  Our "camping" trip was quite cool, a bit of rain but we still had a great time!  We actually were blessed  to have our first long-haul visitors, who came all the way from Grand Junction, CO for the shin-dig!  What a blessing!  I'll be popping in soon but must run for now!

God bless & Hugs,
TK



7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Nice designs, well used sketch for your sympathy cards.

Bobby said...

Wonderful sympathy cards, TK. Yes I said cards because the second one could be a sympathy card too. Having just buried my husband's brother, I know his family is burdened and weary.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh these short days! Such a small window of time for photo opps here, too, TK! Your cards are great, no matter the photos - we get their essence, and your meaning... both beautiful! LOVE that stencil!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so beautiful and I love the stenciling you did on both of them. That was a great sketch you chose to inspire you too!

Mac Mable said...

So glad your camping trip went well. What great cards, both of them and perfect for the occasion and sentiment x. I especially like the 'different' stencil on your second card and what a great sketch too x.

Anita in France said...

Lovely, simple, stylish cards, TK ... the delicate butterflies on the first are such a great contrast to the graphic stripes ... and what a great stencil and wonderful verse on your encouragement card ... yum! Glad to hear a little rain didn't mar your camping adventure! Hugs, Anita :)

Rosemary said...

Both cards are so very pretty, TK!