9.10.2019

Pink & Purple = Success; OLC = fail

I recently decided that instead of making a card right before a challenge is over, that I would attempt to make cards at the beginning and have plenty of time to post.  Well, the thought was good but what I did was obeyed part of the rules for the color part of the challenge but totally failed at the OL part of the challenge!  So needless to say, I have a card to post and be used later for... well... something!  Here she is ~





First I played splishy-splashy with my watercolor paper on three panels, one in purples, one in pinks, and one with both.  I used the "both" panel, but it down, then used it for my base element.  Then I cut two purple flowers, one pink flower, layered them all up and added a diamond gem in the center.  I die cut the diagonal strip for my sentiment but ended up liking the flowers mounted there so stamped the sentiment above.  Here's a close-up ~ 



There you have it -- my pink and purple success, but failure because I TOTALLY forgot about the OLC rule!  Oh well, this will still go somewhere local since it'd be difficult to mail.

ETA: (Thanks to Bobby for the invitation!)  

Thanks for your visit and love,

TK

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. Тhеre iis a ⲣroblem tօgether ԝith yur web site
іn web explorer, mɑy check this? IE stіll is
the market chief ɑnd a hug part of οther folks will miѕ y᧐ur
wonderful writing due to this ρroblem.

I Card Everyone said...

Rules shmools… it's wonderful!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful...love those sweet colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i
subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a applicable deal.

I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided
shiny clear idea

Bobby said...

I have a place for your lovely card to go, TK. Why not enter it into The Flower Challenge's Anything Goes challenge? We'd love to see it in our gallery.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, it might not have been made the way you intended but never the less it is a gorgeous card and I love the colors.

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a beautiful card and looks even better because it is not one layer....LOL x The colours are so pretty and the flowers are beautiful and so is your card x. Had a little chuckle reading your post x

Lisa Elton said...

Well whoever you send it to will enjoy it, it's lovely!

Cat Craig said...

Great mix of colors!

Rosemary said...

absolutely lovely, tk!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading an article that will maқe people tһink.
Aⅼso, many thɑnks for allowing mee to commеnt!

Bobby said...

Well look who showed up in my number to comment on. ;) I'm so glad you decided to share your lovely card with us at The Flower Challenge, TK.

Anita in France said...

Soft and so pretty, TK ... the splishy splashy effect of the watercolour in the background and on those blooms is just dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)