9.05.2019

Happy Bday, Co-worker!

A quick card to wish a co-worker a Happy Birthday, she'll receive this tomorrow but I feel safe posting today.  After making this card, I realized I think I may be stuck in a rut!  A color rut!  Again, the colors are similar to the previous two cards, but at least I changed the flowers, right?!?!  I'll have to pay more attention to how these cards will be posting.... 


I wanted to cut the diamond shape, and place it on my card vertically prior to realizing that the points would hang off on the sides!  I thought about letting them do so, but then realized it wouldn't fit in the envelope, so alas I had to do some surgery, then place a second layer to make it pop.  The die cut sentiment worked out perfectly to cover a blemish (yes, I smudged the ink again...).

Hope your week has been wonderful and you've managed to avoid the high heat and relax in your craft room!

Supplies:
   GinaK - Wreath template
   E by E - Everyday Doodles (NBUS)
   SSS - Happy Birthday die (I believe NBUS)
   CP - Inks (thanks, Michele!)

Blessing to all,

TK





7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

No worries about repeating these beautiful colors, TK! A wonderful design - you're sweet to remember your coworker on her birthday!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card and I love the colors so you don't have to change them up for me. The design is perfect with the pretty die you used for the focal image. And I smudge a lot of cards too...makes me so mad but then I figure if it was perfect they would not know how much love I put into making it for them. They would think it was a store bought one instead. Well, at least that is what I tell myself. LOL

Pam Sparks said...

I'm sure the card was loved and the receiver was so appreciative! I love the cute flowers and sentiment! I understand the 'parts' hanging off dilemma. lol

Darnell said...

Oh, my, you've been busy since I took my brief sabbatical from the computer and I've enjoyed all your creations, TK! You sound like me as you share your thought processes and the oopsies. I love that 99% of the time everything turns out all right, just like in life. I love the altered diamond and the die-cut sediment! As for the colors, you just do you! I tend to post blue/green cards time and time again cuz those are my fav colors. I mean, it makes sense that we use our favs a lot, right? Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

So pretty, TK ... the summer into autumn colour palette is lovely on these sweet blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

Rosemary said...

Lovely card for your co-worker, TK! I think we all get in color ruts from time to time... just go with it I say!

Cat Craig said...

Love these colors so perfect for the season.