9.10.2023

HBD2U - feminine style

Hello and welcome!
I'm here again -- back to creating, yay...

Today's card has been given to our daughter, so we're safe to post now.  I took my inspiration/technique from Group of Seven Cardmakers and came up with this using the Ink Blending/Water Lifting technique ~


Yep, I blended 2 oxides and a DI!  I really don't know if you should do that since they do have different qualities but it worked out for me.  I did notice the difference when I did the "lifting", as the DOX inks were definitely easier to lift than the DI.  However I think it worked out well and simply added in WoS in the lifted portions before cutting it down.  Here's the shimmer ~


Or kinda - lol! I used a Princess Pink base and a Raspberry Fizz strip for the sentiment.  I also added a leftover strip of the design at the bottom of the inside of the card and an even thinner strip to the envelope flap (that would NOT work if it were to be mailed), as seen in small portions of both photos.


Thanks, Gals, for teaching me a new trick!  I will say, I almost had to pull out my MFT All Over Roses stamp like Bonnie -- soon maybe...
😊

Supplies:
   PFS - Bouganvillea Print Stamp
   ALT - Nesting Slim dies
   EH - Birthday Vibes stamps/Sentiment strip dies

Hope you have a GREAT week!

Hugs,
TK






14 comments:

Loll said...

Your daughter's card is beautiful TK. You did great blending the two different inks (DI and DOX). Agree about lifting DOX is easier ... it's more water soluable than DIs, but they both work. And I think even dye inks might work for this. Anyways, I'm a BIG pink fan, so I absolutely LOVE your card! Thanks for trying out the technique this month from Gof7. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and design! Great colors!

I Card Everyone said...

SO pretty in pink! You've done so well with those inks, TK! I have not been so lucky!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty end result! Love ombré with pink.

Cat Craig said...

That ink blending is gorgeous.

Bonnie said...

I used both kinds of Distress Ink too and found it worked out fine. You did an amazing job on this and it makes such a pretty tag on the white background! I'm sure your daughter treasures this!

Bobby said...

Your ink blending is wonderful, TK, and the stamp looks like a great one for the technique. I need to try this and don't have any Oxides with me so it's good to know the regular Distress Inks work. I'm sure your daughter was delighted with this lovely card.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the simplicity, this is beautiful, TK! I'll bet your daughter was tickled pink!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Ink Blending and lifting of the color and TFS that you used DI and DOX's with your blending technique...The combo worked great. Loved how you die cut your blended background, your color choices and placement of your sentiment. I'm sure your daughter will treasure her card:-) TFS and adding your card to our GO7 Cardmakers Linky too:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Darnell said...

Thank YOU for joining in the water-lift fun and sharing in the gallery, TK! I love your results and it was interesting that you used both Oxies and DIs for your inks. I'm sure your pretty-in-pink card will be cherished by your daughter! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! Love the panel you created.

Ida said...

How pretty. I have a bunch of distress inks and maybe a few oxides but have yet to use them much. - Love what you did with them.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, I'm so glad you tried the technique at GOS. I'm sure your daughter loved the card ♥

Julia Aston said...

This is so pretty with the technique used on your lovely die cut! beautiful blending and lifting - thanks for sharing with us at G07! Julia