7.30.2023

Jinglin', Swingin' Snowman

Hello, Dear Friends!  Welcome!

I've returned today with fun little diddy, he's kinda tickled my fancy today -- I guess I need to smile a bit more lately.  I picked up this die last year just after Christmas and he's been sitting on my desk ever since.  I really need to get back into my Christmas card-making, so here's my first go in quite awhile ~


Excuse the photos --- they're not great...
I foiled the background with confetti, hoping it'd look a bit like snow.  He sure thinks it's snow!  After foiling the bg and sentiment while the Glimmer was hot, I die cut all the pieces, and layered them twice, then added WoS to his face, belly, arms and legs before adding in the colored pieces.
I actually was thinking ahead to cut everything on top of a dryer sheet, so when I removed the larger pieces, the small bits stayed in place which allowed me to color them with Copics.  I think cut all the outerwear out of glittery cs, blue and silver then glued everything together.  To hold the bits in place, I put small pieces of washi behind the body and head plus added dots of glue.  To finish him off, I colored his skates with a silver gel pen.


See those legs have moved?  Yep, they're the swingers!  The arms and legs come with little circles to put a small foam dot in the center, which allows the movement since one side of the dot sticks to the bg and the other sticks to the body.  The body was popped up with double foam strips to allow lots of swing - haha!  He makes me giggle.

This guy will head over to MFT Sketch Challenge (sorry, no MFT products today but your sketch was just perfect), Peace On Earth #44 (in the lower right, they're having fun checking out the tree and presents!), plus NBUS #52 for this fun guy's first appearance.

 

Supplies:
   Splb:  Dancin Snowman (NBUS), Glimmer Holiday Sentiments 2, Glimmer Slimline Confetti bg
   PB:  Simple Stackers die

Thank you for the visit, and I hope to be back soon with another card or two that I was able to make this weekend.

Hugs,
TK






13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I just knew he'd be dancing, TK! So SO fun!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your snowman is so cute! That’s a great card design!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That sketch was perfect for your fun snowguy! He made me smile 😊

Cat Craig said...

Oh so cute!

Bonnie said...

He is certainly giggle worthy, TK! What a fun snowman and I love the snowy background!

Lisa Elton said...

Look at his skinny little legs, he's too much fun TK! What a fun card!

Dandi93 said...

Super cute

Bobby said...

As cute as he is I'm sure he's even better when you can see him dance, TK. Great card!

Ida said...

Super fun and cute.

Pam Sparks said...

I'm inspired TK! I bought this last year and haven't used it! I better get busier!!! hohoho It's adorable! I love it!

Rosemary said...

Your swinging snowman is so very cute, TK!

Anonymous said...

Adorable happy skating snowman - love the swinging legs! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Susan said...

Adorable happy skating snowman! Love his swinging legs! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!