7.04.2023

Truckin' For You

Hello, and Happy Fourth of July, for everyone who lives in the U.S.  And for those who don't?  Well I'm wishing you a Happy Fourth too!

Today's card is for a neighbor, whose Birthday is coming up this next weekend.   This card will be going to Color Hues #67 - Merlot & Navy, because they worked perfectly for the holiday, a masculine Birthday, and they're gorgeous!


I cut all the truck parts (the truck itself is pale blue) and assembled everything.  I then used the turnabout plaid stamp to stamp a background.  While the truck seemed to get lost in the bold background, I used piece of vellum to mute it and a black strip to ground the truck - bingo!  Then I decided to elevate the truck off the background a bit and addwith an action wobbler, adding fun and showcasing the truck a bit more!
I tried to add a video of the wobbler, but I guess I haven't "mastered" that yet - lol


Supplies:
   Splb:  Truckin' Thru The Seasons
   C&9th:  Christmas Plaid turnabout stamp

Thank you for the spending your time with me, and for your uplifting comments!
Stay safe and stay cool (temps are hovering in upper 90's to low 100's here).

Hugs,
TK



15 comments:

Karen said...

I'll bet that wobbler is just perfect for this, and I would never have thought to use it. I just ordered this die set on clearance and love that you've given me inspiration right off the bat! Love that truck! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Loll said...

Fantastic design TK. I LOVE the plaid background and it was so clever to add the vellum to mute the colours so the truck was more prominent. The wobbler is an awesome way to add some action to the card and make it even more fun. Great work! xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is one of my favorite die sets too TK and I just LOVE how you've used it on this birthday card! Your plaid background using the challenge colors is FABULOUS, and I love how you grounded the truck with the vellum and the black strip...adding the wobbler is genius and I can just picture it in my head working!! So happy to see you playing with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
Love the car !!!
groeten Ineke

Bobby said...

Great masculine card, TK. It worked well to show off the truck on vellum and the wobbler adds so much fun.

Bonnie said...

A perfect way to use these colors, TK! Love the pick up filled with gifts!

Nancy said...

You have totally inspired me to pull out this great truck and use it again. I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and being so creative with the Hues!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is an awesome card design and great colors! I love the truck too!

I Card Everyone said...

FollowIt must have been on holiday, TK! I'm just getting this darling card in my inbox!
LOve the plaid and yes, this pickup truly did need a wobbler - we can all use our imagination to see it rockin'!
=]

Diane said...

Hi there, great card but our challenge is all about birds, blooms and/or butterflies, I think you entered it by mistake...thanks!

Julie B said...

The vellum was a great idea to mute your fab, bold plaid background and a great take on the colours too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

Cat Craig said...

Love this.

Hannelie said...

I love how all the design elements just works so well to make this a beautiful card TK! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Pam Sparks said...

It's been really hot and humid here too. ugh. Fabulous man card TK! I love it!

Ida said...

Such a fun card. That plaid background is really neat looking.