7.06.2023

Congratulatory Pastels

Sending a warm welcome to all of you!

I had a bit of time to make a couple of cards this past weekend, and so I'll get this one posted.  This one will visit JUGs #686 - Color Week:  Pastels and NBUS #52 for the first glimmer plate outing.  These colors are really soft, and my card is definitely a bit "girly" - lol.


I hot-foiled the Bougainvillea plate with Aura foil, it's really pretty IRL!  I liked it because it added a soft yellow-ish color, which fit perfectly with the pastels.  The panel was cut down with an arched, scalloped edge before adding to the base.  Afterwards, I foiled the congratulations sentiment in the same aura on a matching cardstock.


While the foiling really looks like a satin gold here, it is similar yet so different.  I really love this color of foil!  This card will be going to a celebratory dinner for my cousin's wedding.  They eloped to Venice, Italy to get married but we'll gather in a week or so for a dinner celebration.

 

Oh!  And I think I'll send this over to Triple B:  July -- even though my colors aren't red, white & blue!



Supplies:
   PFS - Bougainvillea Print glimmer plate (NBUS) & stencils
   MFT - Stitched Scalloped Edge & BP #27 for the banner
   Splb - Essential Glimmer Sentiments

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth of July!  We watched our grandson in the local parade with his Marching Band, then a bbq later for those who could.  Take care and stay cool, we're hovering right below or at 100 degrees here!

Hugs,
TK




11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a lovely card! How fun that they eloped to Italy! Your cousin will love this TK, I sure do. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls. You might want to run over and change your entry. You linked up you little pick up truck card ;)

Loll said...

Amazing card TK. LOVE the foiling and pastel colouring of these beautiful flowers. The design with the curved, scalloped edging is so pretty! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Girly is always pretty, TK and this is very pretty indeed! Your foiling of colored card always looks perfect - mine? not so much!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design with the foiling and pretty colors!

Bobby said...

This is such a beautiful card, TK. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Bonnie said...

This is so feminine and pretty, TK! Love the foiled and colored flowers and that curved edge!

Darnell said...

This is such a pretty card, TK, just perfect for celebrating a wedding! I have a feeling it is one of those cards whose beauty the photo just can't capture! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I hope you have cooled off this past week. We have been wonderfully cool down here. It's temporary, but we are enjoying it while it lasts! Hugs, Darnell

Pam Sparks said...

Very pretty TK perfect for wedding congrats! I love coloring like this with stenciling!

Rosemary said...

So pretty, TK! The happy couple will love it.

Ida said...

This is really pretty! Love the soft color scheme and the scalloped edge.

AlisonC said...

A lovely idea to shape your card edge. like that, it takes it to a new level.