8.01.2023

Christmas Holly & Berries

Hello!

A quick post to get this card into a challenge - Inspired by Berries.  I used the colors from Color Hues #68 Olive & Berry, even though I didn't get my card done in time.  I adore these colors, they just scream Christmas!  I'll also send this over to NBUS #33, since my foil plate and layered stencils are both making their debut.


I foiled the white cardstock with shiny gold foil, then used 3 of the 4 layers of the stencils to add my colors.  I actually used one color of green and just used more or less pressure for the different tones, CP Sage and PTI Scarlet Jewel to the rescue!  I then snipped off the right side and layered it over MFT Midnight Green, foiled the sentiment on a snippet of red, then cut it down using a die.


What'd I do with that snipped off portion?  I added to the inside right after stamping my inside sentiment!  Oh, I did not use the optional sketch.

 

Supplies:
   Splb - Glimmer Holly background, matching layered stencils (both NBUS) and Elegant Holiday Sentiments
   MFT - Elegant Rectangle Stax die (sentiment)

That's it for me today.  I'm so glad you came by, I appreciate you!  Have a great week.

Hugs,
TK








13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

The gold foiling makes this so elegant!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, TK. The gold foiling adds an extra lux touch.

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful, TK! I love gold for Christmas cards . This is such a pretty foiling plate!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Christmas card design! Great choice of elements used!

I Card Everyone said...

TK, that is one gorgeous Christmas card - your favorite red, right?
=]

Viv said...

Fab foiling Tk. A stunning card.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is AWESOME, TK! I love these leaves and berries so beautifully foiled and colored! Love your layout the colors, just everything, my friend!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous! I love the gold foiling (I need to get a machine for that someday). It's a very festive holiday card.

Bobby said...

Beautiful, TK. I love the matching green along the side and the wonderful sentiment label. It all looks so elegant with the gold.

Darnell said...

Wowza, TK you are fully embracing the foiling and stenciling of modern card-making and the results are stunning! I, too, love these colors and prefer them for Christmas over the traditional bright reds and greens. Oh, and I love holly! You have me gushing and I'm not sorry! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pam Sparks said...

oh oh oh! I LOVE this TK! I have it ordered! Just screams classy Christmas!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Christmas card, TK! The foiling is lovely.