6.27.2021

Hey There, Cupcake!

 Hello, Friends!  So glad you could pop in and visit me, thank you.

A quick post to send a card to the challenge over at Color Hues #20 Aqua and Black, a wonderful color combination with so many possibilities.  Here's my entry ~


I used a bit of "leftovers" to combine this minimalistic, yet colorful card.  I already had the scrap of aqua in my bin, so cut a larger version from black, the adorable die cut words from white.  I wasn't happy just placing it on white cs, so tried an aqua base too and finally decided on the slim white, then aqua base.  I really don't have a direction for the inside of this card, my mind goes in several ways, so I'm holding off on the inside sentiment until a need arises.  Since the sentiment die is new-to-me, I'll also be sending this over to NBUS #27.

 

Supplies:
   MFT - Hello There Cupcake (NBUS)
   PB - Simple Stackers

Please be safe, especially if you are experiencing a heat wave, as we are.  Today's temp reached 111, with temps shooting to 117 -- I know the west side of our state which typically doesn't have air conditioning, is also experiencing high heat.  I've also heard the heat wave reaches south and north from here.

Hugs,
TK


13 comments:

Claire said...

That sweet sentiment makes you smile, I'd use this as a gift card to send to a friend with a real cupcake just because... love the masculine colours soften by the cute and curly sentiment x

I Card Everyone said...

I've found that keeping with just two shades on a card is very difficult, but you, my friend have aced it! LOve that sentiment!
Stay safe, and cool, TK!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a great card, TK! Perfect for guys or gals for almost any occasion! Stay cool, my friend!

Bobby said...

Love how that die lets the background colors peek through, TK. It adds drama without a lot of fuss.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great use of dies to showcase that big beautiful sentiment. I love the colors too.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card! Love the CAS design and your use of the colors. Think I'm craving a cupcake now! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Inkami said...

This is such an eye catching design, and a great reminder that a sentiment can be the star of the card too!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you've layered this and what a cute sentiment die! We've been at 90 and humid, I can't imagine the temps you're having. Hope it subsides soon!

Nancy said...

Such a great card and I love the layered look in this color combo! Try to stay cool and I hope you all get some relief soon. Thanks for choosing Color Hues to play along with! Take care!

Lindsey said...

Love the graphic look of this card! Great use of dies. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is great! Love how you used the colors and dies! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Ida said...

Turned out great. Love the dies.