9.27.2020

On Point Slimline Birthday

Hello! 

Through sleet or snow, rain or shine... ok so it's just COVID or ash!  Things have cleared up here, as far as the ash goes but COVID rages on.  Anyway, on to better and happier, right?!

I had some crafty time this weekend though I wasn't very productive, something about that mojo and COVID not getting along, at least in my little world.  I do have a card that I'm happy with, so I'll be sending it to a couple of challenges.   I made my first slimline!  Thanks to Verna's prodding and then a couple things I "had to get" once I saw Rosemary use them, here's my card ~


I used the colors at IB - Fall Colors and of course this is the first outing of my slimline background and lattice die so it'll head to the NBUS challenge as well.  While my colors aren't perfect to the color challenge, I guess they'll have to decide if it's close enough...


   


Supplies:
   AJVD - Slimline Essentials, Slimline Stitched Plaid CP
   MFT - Let's Stick Together

I hope you are all doing well, and remaining vigilant and safe!

Hugs,
TK

17 comments:

Claire said...

I love these cacti from MFT, they're just so sweet and they look perfect on your slimline card. A bright and cheery card x

Happy Dance said...

I haven't ventured into the world of slimline cards yet, but this card makes me want to give it a go! This is sweet and cute, and just right for a birthday celebration. I love this card, TK, and while our mojos and Covid may not be cooperating, this card turned out beautifully. Stay safe my friend. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

TK, it's never an 'all or nothing' situation at IB! I promise we just love this fun premier of your slimline style!
Now I WANT that slimline die! See what you did there?
Thanks so very much for playing cards with us at IB, my friend!
=]

sandie said...

I am with you on the mojo and Covid and it is raging and raging here....not the mojo! This is an adorable card. I love the design and the bright green really is so vibrant. So making a few cards just keeps us all going even if it is just now and then-sending hugs x

Bonnie said...

What a cute card, TK! I think your mojo is quite well! I'm glad the ash and smoke have cleared for now. Covid seems to be here to stay. A good reason to stay in (if we can) and make cards to share and brighten our days.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is adorable and fun! I am glad you gave in and made it. You did great.

Bobby said...

This is so cute, TK. Those cacti were made for a slimline card.

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this! I like the lattice behind your cacti. So happy to see this in our IB gallery!

Cat Craig said...

What a great slimline card TK. Love that lattice background for your little "stickers".

Rosemary said...

Totally adorable slimline card, TK! Love your cute little cacti! (Happy to enable you!)

Darnell said...

This is so cute with the little cacti, TK! Excellent slimline card! I think it's a fine take on the color challenge. I'm glad that your air is a bit better. It comes and goes down here. We had some beautiful days and now the heat is back up to 101 and the wind changed direction so we are back to smoky unhealthy air. It does get wearying, on top of the Covid, but, as you say, we have to be vigilant. Stay well. Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. Dang! So many times I forget this and smack myself silly. You'd think I'd learn from all the bruises, lol! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! XXOO

Marina said...

These fun cacti look fabulous layered over the trellis-like die cut.

Danni Reid said...

This is such a FUN interpretation of the challenge this week, love your beautiful die and those fun cacti, colored perfectly, are ADORABLE! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Anita in France said...

Your little cacti are just so cute, TK ... such a fun scene ... delicious with the crisp white trellis background! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous trellis background to show off those adorable little cacti....A super cute slimline card and a fun sentiment x. Yes covid is going nowhere....keep safe x.

Pam Sparks said...

So cute! I understand the time issue for sure! I have three bday cards finished for Sept. bdays still to take pics of and post. ugh.