9.13.2020

Birch Tree Collage(s)

 Well, hello, we meet again!  These days, that My Friends, is particularly wonderful!  A lot going on around here as in others parts I'm sure, but I just know that we're still blessed through it all.

I have a couple cards for you today, to send off to a couple-a challenges.  I've  been wanting to use this die for awhile, and just hadn't come up with a good idea.  So no, I've challenged myself to not one but two cards while I had it out.   As it turns out, I'm kinda liking both - lol -- you know that doesn't always happen, right?!  Both cards go to the Twofer Challenge: Trees and one to the NBUS challenge #18



My first card is a masculine Birthday, and here's its photo ~


 
This card was originally intended to go to Loll's CAS Mix Up challenge but the background just didn't work out as I had hoped.  I spritzed the cardstock, sprinkled on some Ost. Blue Brushos and they just didn't move like I'd hoped.  So I loaded up a brush with more water and intended to brush it all out, hoping for an ombre dark sky -- nope!  But I do like the sky.  In the close-up, you can see a few of the remaining Brusho flecks, plus I added some clear sparkle pen "stars" ~


So..... then what to do for a "twofer" with such a distinct die?  I decided to center it off the side, letting the tree remain the focal point.  I then used 3 colors of DI's to blend a sky on a panel behind it.  While this seemed a great idea, the card itself seemed quite calming so it became my "Sympathy" card ~ 


Lots of white space on this one, Folks.  While I actually am not in need of a Sympathy card (that's a blessing), I'm glad that I have one in my stash since it always seems so much harder to make one when you need it.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, I appreciate them.  I also appreciate all the workers who are dealing with the devastating fires, and the pandemic workers too.

   

Supplies:
   SSS Birch Tree Collage (for both cards)
   #1 - PF Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die
          Alt Birthday Greetings
   #2 - MFT Deepest Sympathy



Hugs and best wishes,
TK





17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

TK I have very little experience with Brushos, but if this first card started out white? It is amazing you've gotten such a deep blue with just Brushos!
LOve the inks you've blended for card two... and cutting just the edge was a very smart design move to differentiate your cards! Well done!
=]
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh TK...what a FABULOUS pair of cards! First off, I love, LOVE the die you used...sooooo pretty! And that deep blue background for your masculine birthday card against the die cut is awesome! Your sympathy card just couldn't be more lovely with the blended sky and the offset die cut...lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs. That is a beautiful dieyou used. And I love the simplicity as that is a perfect look. Take care and stay safe.

Cat Craig said...

TK I love both cards, and I am gonna for sure case your of-center card. I would never have t hought of that...Brilliant!

Cat Craig said...

P.S. Thanks for p laying along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #31.

Viv said...

Lovely tree cards TK!

Bonnie said...

What a great die, TK! I love how you've used it with the dark blue background and also off the side! I pray the fires aren't close to you. Such devastation and so scary! Stay safe and well, my friend.

Claire said...

Oh they're very pretty and its a fab die, would make lovely Christmas cards but I do like the off the page sunset card... that is rather serene x

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful die! It worked beautifully for both occasions!

Anita in France said...

What a great way to get two different designs from that lovely large die image, TK! Even though it's not what you intended, the rich blue with the tiny sparkly stars makes for a delicious background sky! Your blending on the sympathy card is beautiful and seamless ... you created such a warm and serene scene, perfect for condolences! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda in IN said...

I like the offset look of the sympathy card and that die made a nice one. The blue sky is lovely and brushing it out was a good idea. I imagine your sky doesn't look like that now with all the smoke in the area. Be safe in all this destruction.

Darnell said...

These are both smashing, TK, as my British friends would say! I think you did such wonderfully fitting backgrounds for both your designs. I love the starry night sky and the calming sunset sky and, of course, that die is just amazing! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

These are amazing, TK. I have a few of those "must have" dies in my stash, and you've given me an idea or two on how to use them! LOVE the blue background. While it may not have turned out like you planned, it turned out beautifully in any case! And I'm with you on sympathy cards. Hate to make them, but good to have in the stash. This one is exceptional. Off-center. Oh. My. Gosh! I'd have never in a million years thought of that! It's simply brilliant, and beautiful as well. So glad to see you in the gallery at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Ida said...

These both turned out beautifully. I love the backgrounds on both cards & I like how you offset the die on the 2nd card- Such a cool die.

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, tk! the background on the first card may not have turned out as planned, but it is still darn fabulous. the ink blending on the second is stellar, as well!

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, what great depth of colors you achieved! Love both of these cards!

Bobby said...

That is such a wonderful die, TK, and both backgrounds give a different feel - perfect with the sentiments you used.