9.08.2020

Strike Up the Band Birthday

 Hello!  I've had a  bit of time in my craft room, but not a whole lotta mojo!  I do have a card today for you, wishing my youngest daughter Happy 30th Birthday.  Here's what I've come up with ~



A little backstory... she was a "quint" player (set of 5 drums) in her high school marching band.  I've made this card in remembrance of those times.  It was always so fun to get to go see our daughters march and compete.  And a close up ~


Now while that border cardstock looks orangish, it's actually red.  I couldn't get it adjusted in the photo editor without everything else going blue, so sorry about the incorrect colors, not that I guess you'd know - lol.  I also did a "halo" around the mice to set them off a bit (ala Kathy Racoosin), any thoughts?  I also lightly inked the clouds and popped the larger one up.

Well it's been a good holiday weekend, one I desperately needed.  I hope it's been as wonderful to all you, with  hopes for a terrific week ahead!


Supplies:
   MFT - Strike Up the Band
   PF - Diag. Stitched Rectangle die
   PTI - Cloud die
   
Hugs to all,
TK


12 comments:

Claire said...

That's a lovely thoughtful card for your daughter, love the white, red and blue which seem perfect for a marching band x

Bonnie said...

Bright and fun, TK! The mice are colored beautifully and I love the bit of shadow that gives them dimension! I'll bet your daughter really enjoyed this!

Cat Craig said...

Fun stamp set and it makes for a great birthday card.

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfect for her TK and super cute! My brother was a drummer too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Everyone loves a parade.this is a cute and fun scene.

Mac Mable said...

Such a thoughtful and personal card for your daughter TK x. The little marching scene looks fabulous and liking the shadow effect too x. I thought there was three clouds and three marching adorable mice to celebrate her 3oth, without putting 30 on the card....LOL x.

I Card Everyone said...

That big cloud is going to sprinkle all kinds of wishes on your 'marching-band mouse' and I just know your daughter will love it! I sure do - even the halo!
=]

Rosemary said...

love your fun little marching band and i know your daughter will love it, as well!

Marina said...

Love the strong blue and the personal relevance to your daughter. I think the halo is very effective. I've seen others do it but it never looks so good when I try.

Darnell said...

What an adorable card for your drummer daughter, TK! I love the colors and the way you put a halo around the images. As for your youngest daughter being 30, haha, that's obvi a typo and that should a one, not a three in front of that zero!!!! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a fun and cute card for your daughter, TK ... this little marching band is adorable in all those delicious blue hues ... these cute guys definitely stand out with the halo's around them! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

I have always enjoyed a good marching band, TK, even one made up of mice.