10.13.2019

Kickstart with a Gathering

Howdy, Friends!  I decided I'd better get in gear with the Christmas cards, and so I recently joined in at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  It provided me with enough inspiration, that I thought I might as well do two cards since I'm a bit behind!  I came up with the designs, then it all came crashing down -- 3 movies and several hours later, I finally completed two cards but not the one that I originally had in mind!  Here's the first card for the challenge #21 "Woodland Creatures"...


Supplies:
   LF - Stitched Windy BG (NBUS)
   PTI - Little Bitty Birds (stamps & dies - NBUS)
   PS - Evansgon Birdhouse (NBUS)
   MCS - Ornate Labels: Christmas (die)
   TE - In & Out Christmas
   And if you look really close, I used a woodgrain ef to ink woodgrain onto my fencing  :o)

Then along came my second card, with more realistic "woodland creatures", which are by the way  "gathering"...



Supplies:
   LF - Upon A Star (NBUS)
   Echo Park - Wise Men Still Seek Him

Gathering in awe and wonder of the season, the critters brought me to enter this second card at Inspired By... gather too.  I took a different direction than most, since my inspiration was the verb!  I will admit that I went back and added some shimmer mist to the night sky after photos were taken.  Here's close-ups of the two ~

   

And the challenges ~
     


Thanks for stopping by and letting me ramble.  I hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and everyone made it safely through the early snow seen by some.

Til next time!  Hugs,

TK

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are both adorable TK!

Rosemary said...

oh what a sweet set of cards, tk! love those sweet little critters looking up at the starry sky!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards and I love that you got distracted by movies.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your wonderful cards and those cute little animal designs. I know how fast time can slip by when one gets interested in something else or an unexpected event happens. I got side tracked too as I had to put my things away off the kitchen table as I don't have a craft room where I can just shut the door. We are getting company later today so that meant clearing the deck a bit. Maybe tomorrow I can get back into the swing of it. Although I did manage to finish a card up before I put things away.

Dotty Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards, TK - I'm so glad that you were inspired by The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

TK I'm not even speaking of that four-letter-word until after my birthday!!! But I'll certainly love on your Christmas cards - such adorable creatures, and fun designs! I LOVE the grey swirling background - thanks for sharing this one with IB!! xx
=]

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful scene making on your first card and such a fun and creative idea to use the embossing folder to 'stamp' with...I shall be filing that idea away. Super cute and adorable second card and so love thee wonderment of those little critters x.
Well done you on getting in to gear with your Christmas cards....a very slow start my end! x

Danni reid said...

Love your cards and your idea of being inspired by the verb for a Christmas card was brilliant.

Carol H. said...

Two absolutely adorable cards!! Love the birds on the first!

Laurel said...

Such fabulous cards! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Bobby said...

Two cute critter cards, TK.