10.06.2019

A Sketch and a Creature

I combined two challenges and came up with this card, simple but it says what it needs to.  I took the MFT Wednesday Sketch #457 and melded it with Addicted to CAS #169 - Creature.  I have to admit, while I got to play this weekend in the craft room, I wasn't really successful -- a LOT of mistakes, trash and frustration but I did come up with this ~


While my initial card was one layer, I put a HUGE inky fingerprint between the hedgie and the sentiment right at the end!   Arrrghhh!  So without having to scrap the whole thing, I carefully cut out the hedgie and his ring, then removed the lower sentiment and inky panel with zig zags.  They were then attached to a new card base -- while not one layer, it's as close as I could get without starting completely over and throwing more away!  And a close-up of Mr Hedgie ~


Supplies:
   Clearly Besotted - Let's Roll (NBUS)
   MFT - Spring Background (an oldie and this one is not very spring-ish)
   HA - Everday Sayings
     

Hope you had a great weekend, and that it was a little less stressful than mine!

Hugs,
TK


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Ohh what a sweet lil hedgie. So cute.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a darling card with that cute hedgehog image. I love the colors too.

I Card Everyone said...

You persevered beautifully, TK! I'm proud of you, and love this little Hedgehog!
=]

Bobby said...

We've all had crafting days like that, TK, and your save worked beautifully. That little hedgie is right at home on the new card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to CAS.

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a cute hedgie! this is darling TK!

Rosemary said...

Cute little hedge, TK!

Toni said...

oh, he's so cute! I can relate to inky fingers. So many of my cards end up with layers and bling because of that LOL. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Trina P. said...

Aww...dorable hedgehog. x

Anita in France said...

Great save, TK ... your cute little hedgie looks so at home and sweet on his revised card! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Super cute card and loving the hedgie x