3.11.2023

Just A Note

 I'm baaaaack!

A few interruptions causing a break in the craft room, but I'm back today with a card for you.  This one uses stenciling, die cutting and hot foiling, plus a couple NBUS products.  Today I finally used this beautiful hot foil plate, cut the butterflies apart and colored them.


The butterflies are popped up over a stenciled/die cut background, using rolled tape in the centers and then propping the wings a bit higher with a tad bit of foam tape.  A little shimmer was added, but it didn't photograph well.


Again, I didn't have a perfect green cs to match the stenciling, so I used the darker Copic from the butterflies to color the sentiment strip, allowing it to show up a bit more.  

This card will go to Color Hues #59 - Green & Gold, plus NBUS #48.

 


Supplies:
   PB - Petite Blossoms stencil
   PF - Small Butterflies foil plate & dies (both NBUS)
   MF - Blueprints #27
 

There's my Spring anticipation!  We are starting to get daffodil buds and crocus, but we've also had a light snow lately plus we're still in freezing nights.  However, we've had crocus push through snow before!  I hope Spring arrives soon!

Hugs,
TK







14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty butterflies, pretty colors and a very pretty card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the gorgeous butterflies or moths fluttering across that beautiful background!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the gorgeous butterflies or moths fluttering across that beautiful background!

Bobby said...

Look at you getting creative making your own cardstock strips, TK. Great way to get the right color and it also looks fabulous on the butterflies. Beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

What a great card, TK! I love the stenciled leaves, these green and gold butterflies and how you made the sentiment strip a perfect match!

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! Those flutterbys were on my desk yesterday, too!! After years of borrowing the hot foil plate from Marcia, I finally broke down and bought my own this week! NOw to get them stencil/colored - but your copic coloring is amazing, TK! LOve these greens with the gorgeous gold!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

This card is GORGEOUS TK and so perfect for the Color Hues Challenge! Your leafy stenciled background is so pretty and I just LOVE your green & gold butterflies! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Darnell said...

I knew immediately what challenge this wonderful creation was for, TK, and it screams winner to me! It is really beautiful! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! We're having more rain down here. Good weather for ducks! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

This is really gorgeous, TK! Those butterflies look incredible! So happy to see this lovely card in our gallery at Color Hues! Please come back again soon.

Cat Craig said...

TK your card is beautiful. Love the foiling.

Julie B said...

Such pretty butterflies against your foliage background. So pleased you joined us at Color Hues. :)

Hannelie said...

So good to see you back... and here in the Color Hues gallery too! Your card is so beautiful! You made our colors shine ! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues ♥

Rosemary said...

So very pretty, TK!

Rosemary said...

Your card is beautiful, TK! Love the gold and green butterflies.