3.22.2023

Birthday Butterflies

 Welcome!

I've been a bit absent, but I have been able to make a card -- woohoo!  I used a load of products, some new, and even a color challenge but that has passed -- bummer!  While a few probably saw this as great Easter incentive, I saw something else.  This is already in the mail, and received by the recipient so let's have a look/see ~


I hot foiled the background and sentiment strip, then cut the confetti panel down, and placed it on another panel with a bit of texture.  The solid butterflies were cut from a pale blue, then the outline details were cut from pearlescent vellum and glued down.  While the pearlescent doesn't show in the photos, it's pretty IRL.  I decided (not sure why, but my brain thought it was a good idea at the time) to omit the bodies and leave the butterflies as simple as possible.  The sentiment banner was attached, then the butterflies glued in place and everything put on the card base.  Why two butterflies?  I thought 3's were the thing we were supposed to do for design... I thought the placement of the two worked better so I moved the third butterfly as a surprise inside!  A close-up ~


I'll be sending this over to NBUS #48 for the new products used.


Supplies:
   SB - Confetti coverplate, Delicate Butterflies dies (both NBUS)
   PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectantle
   LF - Pearlescent Vellum (NBUS)

Thank you for the visit today, and the love I always feel from you, Friends!

Hugs,
TK






8 comments:

Bobby said...

I have some of that pearlescent vellum so I know the shine on those lovely blue butterflies, TK. The blue foiling looks terrific.

Cat Craig said...

Love that blue foiling.

Bonnie said...

Pretty foiled background and butterflies! Sometimes you have to veer from the rules of three. If two look better than three, go with it. I think it looks perfect and I'm sure it's being enjoyed!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with that fun sentiment font and those fabulous foiled polka dots! Pretty card, TK!

I Card Everyone said...

Although I am missing their bodies, the pearlescence of those wings does take my mind off of it - ha! What a beautiful way to send birthday wishes!
=]

Rosemary said...

Another beautiful card featuring butterflies, TK! I think the butterflies look lovely without the bodies.

sandie said...

this is so very elegant and a beautiful design xx

Anonymous said...

I am the proud recipient of this gorgeous card. I just loved all the foilded details and the color (blue is my favorite color). Thanks so much for the lovely birthday greetings.