7.16.2022

Dragonfly Birthday Wishes

 Hello, Everyone!

Today I've got a couple of cards, one that will go to CAS Mix-Up - Things with Wings.


I started with a couple of panels out of my unused panels box, one watercolored with a bit of pearls, and another with brushos.  Once I cut the frame from both panels, I decided I wanted a complementary color for the inside rectangle and used the other panel for it.  Using the negative rectangle from the brusho panel, I cut out my base dragonfly and added a leftover vellum top dragonfly. 

I left the sentiment simple, to keep it CAS.  This one is already in the mail.

I made this next card first, but with a stamp set instead of the die, using both parts of my watercolor panel for the frame and rectangle, and changing up the layout.  Both cards used watercolor panels and brusho panels.  I think I prefer the top card only because the dragonfly allows you to see the brushos better - what do you think?




Supplies:
   Card 1 ~ Honey Bee - Truly Great Friends die, CAS Friday - Everyday Dragonfly
   Card 2 ~ Honey Bee - Truly Great Friends, die, Clearly Besotted - Dragonfly Collage, Alt. - Birthday Greetings

Well, that's it for me today.  Not much accomplished but I do hope I get back in my craft room soon!

Hugs,
TK










14 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are so beautiful! I love the colors.

Bonnie said...

Even more beautiful in person, TK! Thank you so much for remembering my birthday!

Cat Craig said...

Both your things with wings seemingly have landed on lovely spots!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely set of cards, tk.

I Card Everyone said...

I've personally never met a dragonfly that I didn't love, TK! Both beautiful - but you know me and vellum!
=]

Bobby said...

The layout of the first card is wonderful, TK. Purple and green make a great combination and it's what I think of when I think of dragonflies.

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, TK!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards TK. I LOVE the mix of purple and green on the first card. Your vellum layered dragonfly is so pretty. The design is fabulous! Your second card is just as pretty with this mix of colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Viv said...

Lovely cards TK! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. x

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful, love that sweet dragonfly.

Ida said...

Both are really nice cards. Pretty color scheme. My favorite is the first card, I like how you did the frame

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE Brushos and combining with vellum...you created a beautiful dragonfly. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

Darnell said...

I love them both, TK, and love that you were able to use items from the box! But I agree with you that the top design edges out a bit because of the open and arty composition! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

These are beautiful, your dragonflies looks ao pretty and I love the purple and green combo. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!