12.17.2021

An Iris for A Birthday?

 Hello!

Another quick post, actually this one is even pre-scheduled as I still seem to be flying by the seat of my pants!  Ugh!!!

This card's for my MIL, who turns 90 today!  Happy Birthday, Bunny!!!  We were able to celebrate earlier this summer while we were in Colorado, but driving that distance in the winter has proven to be sketchy in the past so we'll just wish her HB from here today.


I used a gift from a sweet friend (Lisa) to make the backdrop panel and placed it over some royal purple c/s.  The stamp, which is an outline and an inner stamp for color, was stamped and re-stamped with the colors doing some selective inking to give some depth.  I also added a bit of color with markers to add even more to the darker areas.  It was then fussy-cut and popped up, with a heat embossed sentiment on vellum.  If you look closely, I'm not sure where, but my black ink ended up picked up some sparkle...  Here's a close-up ~


Supplies:
   PTI - Lace Impressions
   SSS - Sketched Iris
   CTMH - Happy Birthday

Eight days and counting!  Are you ready for Christmas?  I hope so, because I'd like to think that not everyone is as panicked as I am...  Have a great day!

Hugs,
TK


6 comments:

Ida said...

Such a beautiful card. I bet she will love it. Your colors look great together and I like the background overlay.

Bonnie said...

Love these yellow irises, TK! So pretty on this background!

I Card Everyone said...

Some Bunny is going to love her birthday card, TK!! [couldn't resist it!] A gorgeous cover panel, and purple backdrop for your stunning Iris!
Happy 90th to Bunny!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Such a vibrant card with a wonderful colour combination. Striking background and very pretty iris's for your MIL, TK x.

Rosemary said...

a simply lovely card for your MIL!

Bobby said...

Beautiful, TK. The purpled showing through that wonderful background die is so elegant and the iris are beautifully colored. MIL will love it!