10.20.2021

Special Holiday

 Hello again!

Today I come bearing a card with no special place to go YET!  You'll see...  I started with a couple of challenges in mind but wasn't sure if it'd fit either well, so here it is with no challenges included ~


I liked the kraft and red at CH challenge but the kraft here is pretty minimal, so it gets to star in its own show.  First, I inked up a "distressed" e/f and pressed my paper in between, which left me seeing a  woodgrain-like background.   Then I stamped the wreath and "adornments" and die cut them, making multiples.  I die cut 3 layers of the window and sandwiched a very soft yellow vellum in between, though it is yard to see, cutting the woodgrain from behind so you don't see it through the window..  I laid out the adornments, then used PnS to pick them all up, glued the backs, then placed them back in their chosen spot ala Jennifer McGuire.  Here's a close-up ~


I then heat-embossed my sentiment, mounted it with foam tape and - ta da!  Hindsight... I'm going to add glossy accents to the little berries  😄

Supplies:
   CB - Distressed Stripes e/f
   PS - Grand Madison Window die
   HA - Color Wreath/dies
   MFT - Toasty Greetings (sentiment)

   Another card down!  Hey, at this point I'll almost take anything 😉   Thank you for joining me and leaving such uplifting comments.

Hugs,
TK


9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your wreath is so beautiful with those wonderful images you added to it. A wonderful Christmas card design!

I Card Everyone said...

TK this is really lovely! Every tiny detail is done to perfection! Your inked embossing folder reminds me of our day of play together - virtually!
=]

Darnell said...

This would go in my Very Special Friends pile when I sorted my handmade Christmas cards! It is really magical, TK, and all the effort paid off big time. I think you should enter it in CH anyway just so others can be inspired by it - and then there's Little Red Wagon (wreath for all seasons) and the new Peace on Earth challenge. Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

No challenge needed! Anyone will be delighted with this wreath! I know that I am!

Bobby said...

Everything fell into place with this card, TK. I love the wreath hanging on the window and the way you added the 'adornments'.

Ida said...

Very pretty. The wreath is charming.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, TK. The wreath is so lovely.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful attention to detail, beautiful wreath and a fabulous Christmas card TK x.

Pam Sparks said...

Love it!