7.27.2020

New Technique - New Products!

Hello!  I'm in to do a quick post, a triple-threat of sorts.  I started with a new technique that I wanted to try, and ended up using THREE different new products - yay!  So this'll be heading to MFT - Birthday Project and NBUS #16!

I started with the Stencil Outline technique, which I first saw at Loll's CAS Mix-Up challenge, which I missed!  While I don't have any stand-alone stencils that show a person or flower or such, I do have a few background stencils so I set about trying how to figure out how to make it work, focusing on the background.  Please forgive the outdoor lighting, although it was a beautiful day, the sun was definitely setting on me.  Here, you decide ~


Don't see the outline?  How about this ~


Hope you can you see it.  I wanted the background to evoke a masculine feel,  without overpowering the pattern, outlining with a clear star gelly pen near the outside.  It is subtle, but I like it.  I'm thinking this will go to my dad early next month (unless I make another - haha).  First I cut the background, placed a matching cs behind it, showing just a tad.  Then I just made an angled strip to match the "bar" angles, and heat embossed & cut the sentiment before popping them up on the card.   Like I said, I used all NBUS products here too (one older, one newer to me) - win win.


Supplies:
   MFT - Scattered Bars stencil
   SSS - Hexagon Greetings
   PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle

Well that's it for me!  Hope you off to a wonderful start on your week - take care.

Hugs,
TK
   


16 comments:

Darnell said...

Well done, TK! Even with the silver and how schparkly this must be in person, it's a great design for a guy! Your dad will treasure it ~ if you don't end up making him something different! Thanks for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Claire said...

Super card for your Dad and I like the subtle outline, perfect for a masculine card. I bet when it catches the light it has a nice sparkle x

I Card Everyone said...

TK you get an A++ for 'shopping your stash' and using what you have for this technique! It's a fabulous card, and your Dad will love it!
=]

Viv said...

I had fun doing my DT cards for the stencil tracing challenge TK and I really like this one that you've done! A perfect man card - it looks great! x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card for your Dad.

Cat Craig said...

Love the silver outlines.

Mac Mable said...

I think the technique looks perfect TK. The colours are wonderful and the stencil sure does lend itself to a masculine card and a fabulous one at that x. Hope you are on the mend? x.

Bonnie said...

The silvery gray is perfect for outlining the stenciling, TK! I love how the angled strip mimics the stenciling! A great masculine card!

Lisa Elton said...

You have to send this to your dad, he'll love it! What a great card. I do see the outline. I love a good Gelly Roll Glitter pen!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous card, TK! Love the subtle outlining of the stenciled background!

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is so sweet, TK x

Marina said...

The silver and blue is a really pretty combo and this is a card anyone would love to receive.

sandie said...

I find stencils hard to work with but they are fun to use and I think you rocked it here! That background with the outline works so well and such a great card fir either a guy or girl x

sandie said...

Oh and thank you for always showing me some love....and I am sorry to not get to you so often but I try to make a point when I can as I love you Always make an effort to visit my blog..so appreciated and have a good week x

Anita in France said...

Cool, graphic and so stylish, TK ... the silver and sparkle are delicious with the aqua ... perfect for a chap or a girl! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

So stylish...love your beautiful card and that color is fabulous.