7.18.2020

A New Beginning

Hello, Everyone!  Sorry I haven't been around much so I'm really glad you stopped by, I've gone and done something to my back so I haven't been in my craft room or doing much else lately except trying to make it to work daily.  I'm fairing better, but still dealing with whatever happened as I'm totally clueless as to what "it" was.  So onto a card, shall we?

This was made for a friend who decided to stay at home with her son, and left me behind at work!  No, I'm really happy for her and I also understand her concern as to where to trust putting her son amidst all this craziness.  This one's for Lynsey ~


I made this card rather large, as it was from the whole office (I was asked to make one), so plenty of space to sign.  The card is literally 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (with handmade large envelope), so I went with a large image and fussy cut around it so I could pop it up over the pp that I've had for ages!


I stamped, then colored with my Zigs, and my fear was realized!  I wanted a dark center and blending out to the lighter color for the main portion of the petals, however I could NOT get that deep red to blend.  With that in mind, I took to using brush strokes and left it basically unblended (I guess another fabulous technique would've been to use Michele's fabulous stippling effect).  I had used the colors from CTD601, but I'm way late to that party so...  Here's a close-up ~


Supplies:
   EbyE - Mondo Sakura (NBUS - so I guess I'll send this over to NBUS #16); Be the Change


Well that's it for me folks!  I'll try to keep visiting all of you and possibly do a bit more crafting of my own.  Thanks for your precious visit!

Hugs,
TK



12 comments:

Marina said...

Really soft and pretty colouring on the flowers. I have had to produce a big card to give from a whole team and I found it nerve-wracking! I'm sure they were all proud to write their names in this one. Sorry to hear about your back, hope it continues to improve.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card and I am sure she'll appreciate it.

I Card Everyone said...

TK I am so sorry about your back, poor baby, it's the worst!
You are so much better using those Zigs than I am, my friend - and I've never tried stippling with them. I love those strokes of color - don't change a thing!
Take care, sweet friend! I know Lynsey will love that it was made just for her, by YOU!
=]

Bonnie said...

Back pain is the worst! I hope it feels better soon. Beautiful flowers and the red centers add wonderful depth! I think this card from all her coworkers will be a wonderful lift for your friend!

Anita in France said...

Oh no, TK ... do hope you'll feel better soon ... rest, relax, recover. Fabulous card for your colleague ... your brushstroke colouring adds such depth and dimension to these lovely blooms ... so artsy! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire said...

Ouch TK I hope your back pain eases soon. I love your pretty pink flowers over the corner leaving lots of white space. The sentiment is rather appropriate at the moment and lets hope that's the case x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh NO!! I'm so sorry to hear this TK and I hope you're feeling 100% SOON. Your card is just lovely. You've done an amazing job coloring the blooms!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I hope you feel better soon too.

KathyA. said...

I just posted my card on NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!) and wanted to stop in to get a close look at your card. Your card is beautiful in a BIG way! Thanks for sharing. Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

A lovely card for your friend, TK! She will treasure it! Hope your back is feeling better. (If you want to get blending with ZIGs try using smooth bristol cardstock.)

Bobby said...

The end results are wonderful, TK. I haven't been around much either and I apologize for not commenting. I get overwhelmed when my inbox gets full and I just look and delete - then comment on one card to explain. Once our move is over and we're settled in I hope to do much better. Sorry about your back. I'm having trouble with mine too but only when I first get up. Then it works itself out, thank goodness.

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty and delicate card for your friend (who abandoned you !....LOL x)....The brush strokes work beautifully. Sorry to hear about your back and sincerely hope you heal soon x.