5.03.2020

Praying for You

Hello!  I wanted to pop in with a quick post, a card necessary for a sweet neighbor who's undergone surgery and now facing chemo.  I have to be honest, I made the card and then looked at the challenges to see if it'd fit any, as I didn't want them to change what I had in mind for her card.  My picture lighting could've been better...  Here's my card ~


I blended DOX in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet, my first in using DOX.  I wasn't sure I'd do well so I used a small piece of cardstock, but ended up liking it.  Then stamped and heat embossed the image; while also heat embossing the sentiment on vellum.   Before attaching, anything I spritzed it with Shimmer Mist.   I attached the sentiment and then attached the small panel to the base and added a few sequins.   Here's a close-up, hopefully showing the shimmer ~


I will be entering this over at CTD #591 (since my colors matched) and NBUS #14 because the image is NBUS, although new to me  :o)

   Grab our badge to display on your blog.

Supplies:
   Alt - Leaf Canopy (NBUS)
   PTI - Beautiful Blessings

I've had a busy weekend, but hope to get caught up on my visits!  See you soon!

Hugs,
TK

13 comments:

Hannelie said...

A beautiful card ! Perfect blend of colors !

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful blending and colours using the Dox and a perfect sympathy card x. Hope your neighbour gets through the chemo well x.

Anita in France said...

Shimmery, dreamy simplicity, TK ... this is gorgeous ... such a wonderful way to let your neighbour know they're in your prayers! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, TK! I love how you've blended the colors and sprayed with sparkle! The leaf is simple and a beautiful way to let your neighbor know you are thinking of her and praying for her.

I Card Everyone said...

TK, the shimmer is really beautiful! I know that NBUS is bound to become a favorite in your craft room - it sure is in my own!
Gorgeous card for your neighbor in need!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is beautiful and the shimmer and colors look wonderful. I like the addition of the sequins too.

Darnell said...

I'm glad you did the close-up, TK, because the shimmer is sensational! I love the simplicity of the design which really makes the ombre coloring pop! Take care and keep safe and thank you for sharing at NBUS! I hope your neighbor's fight against cancer is successful! Hugs, Darnell

Broni said...

What a sweet and beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful blended background, TK! A lovely, thoughtful card that your neighbor will treasure!

Cat Craig said...

TK this is such a fabulous card, might be my most favorite of yours.

Bobby said...

The ink blending is marvelous, TK, and the shimmer makes it extra special for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your
blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
cover the same subjects? Many thanks!

sandie said...

I love, love this TK, the DO inks worked out perfectly...you know I will love this colour blend! And I do like you used such a simply stamp in white and then the vellum, I would cherish this card and one of my favs of yours. This will really cheer your friend up-you are so thoughful x