5.20.2020

A Smile, with a Boom

Hello again, long time no see!  Well... that'd be my fault, I haven't been around for awhile except to peek at everyone else's beautiful creations.   I hope everyone is doing well, staying busy and spirits up.  I'm here today to send a couple cards over to Twofer challenge.

My first card is conventional with a bit of stamping and cutting ~


While I haven't used this PTI set very much, I do love the funkiness of it plus the added texture that's built right into the stamps -- go ahead, zoom in.  I made the whole panel to place on the card front, but decided to cut it down and I think the sentiment fit better.

And for my second card, I ink blended, stamped and embossed, then added some splatters (ok, Bobby, I tried again) but I went unconventional with the "flower" ~


I used the inside (stamen) for my fireworks!  Unfortunately, I think my splatters went polar opposite, from blotches to almost non-existent but I'm trying, Friends!  Here's the cards together ~



Supplies:
   Card #1
     PTI Funky Flowers
     LI Darling Diamonds (sentiment)
     SB A2 Scalloped Border 1
   Card #2
     PTI Funky Flowers
     MFT Cute Chemists (sentiment)

Thank you for popping in, I enjoy your visits.  Stay well, Friends!

Hugs,
TK



16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fun idea how you've used the flower/stamens in both of your very different cards. The Smile card is full of sunshine and such a happy card. The night sky looks fabulous and so are the fireworks....Loving the splats too xxxx.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great Twofers. I love how the flowers are also fireworks.

I Card Everyone said...

You opened with an 'awwww' and ended with 'BAM', TK! Both so much fun... stamen well, and safe, my friend! [is this thing on? tap, tap] xxx
=]

Bonnie said...

Wow! The centers of these flowers make perfect fireworks, TK! A super fun card! They make beautiful flowers too! Love the happy feel to this one too!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of
your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Lisa Elton said...

I like what you've done with this set, these are terrific TK!

Viv said...

A lovely way to us the stamens TK! Great cards. Your 'spatters' look OK to me.... I have tried using a toothbrush recently (an old one!) for creating spatters and am having more success!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful versatile stamp that is! I see flowers and fruit slices and windmills and, thanks to you, fireworks! Well done on both beautiful creative designs, TK! Love the colors and well done on your schplatters ~ they show up just fine on my monitor! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep well!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply fabulous creations!!! Love those fun images and wonderful colors.

Anita in France said...

Those funky flowers are fabulous, TK ... there's a great graphic vibe about them ... such a brilliant contrast to the delicate lacy edged border! What a fun idea to create fireworks with the stamens ... they really pop (hahaha!) against that delicious blended, splattery background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire said...

Oh how creative to use the flower centres as fireworks, its brilliant. I like the happy feeling of your smile card, it definitely does what the sentiment says x

KathyA. said...

I love your creative fireworks card... and think it has the perfect amount of splatters! TFS. Kathy A from myasperations (PS I entered a card where I made dandelions as one of my twofer cards. Thought that was pretty creative... but yours is so much neater!!) Love it.

KathyA. said...

Forgot to mention that I like your flower card, too. It is so colorful and fresh.

Rosemary said...

a fun and happy set of cards, tk!

sandie said...

wow I think you rocked it-it is amazing how different the cards are-I just find this challenge too hard! I am super impressed with what you have done and the freshness and vibrancy of the second card just is fab to see the contrast from the deep richness of the second. Your splatters look great to me-I try too but am just no splatter gal! x

Bobby said...

I see them, TK. Good for you! You'll gain confidence and more splatters will appear. Great way to use the stamps for the Twofer Challenge. I love that you can make fireworks from the centers. Double duty stamps. I love that fancy white panel too.