5.25.2020

Sunshine & Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!  
To those who've served our country, protected our freedoms, and kept us safe,  I am immensely thankful.  While there's no big celebrations this year, we'll be celebrating in our hearts.

I have a card to share that will be visiting a couple of challenges (CTD594 FMS436)  that I made last night.  While it's colors aren't unusual for me, the tones are -- it's good to stretch yourself, right?


I don't typically use the deeper tones of yellows, but when I saw the inspiration board, I definitely saw the golden honey yellows (or maybe it was my screen).  Then it was decided to go way out and make a flower card with non-traditional colors, thus the gray leaves.  In the end, I kind of like it!  
Here's my inspiration (click the image to see the link) ~
   

I'll also be sending this over to Darnell's NBUS challenge, since this is the first outing for this stamp set ~


Supplies:
   Alt - Basic Blooms
   LI - Stitched Rectangle
   Other - Copics and Zing ep

Thank you for spending a moment of your holiday with me!  Have fun, but stay safe!
Hugs,
TK


14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

LOVE It.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the shades of yellow on your flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty! Those flowers are just stunning! I love their vibrant colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire said...

Beautiful, I love the yellow embossed sentiment... that's very cool x

Rosemary said...

what a lovely take on both challenges, tk! you should use those deep tones of yellow more often!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your sunny design! So glad you were able to join us at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

You've used those yellows beautifully TK, this is fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Love that golden yellow with the gray, TK! A very pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

TK these yellows are gorgeous! Such a beautiful card, my friend... sunshine is just what I needed!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

It's beautiful and I love it in these colors. You did great!

Mac Mable said...

Great colours, fabulous design and a wonderful card x.

Marina said...

Yellow and grey is one of my favourite colour combos- this looks great with the sentiment across the middle.

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, TK ... those rich golden yellows are like sunshine! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

The yellows look fabulous, TK, and I personally like gray leaves in cases like this. They don't distract from the beautiful flowers.