5.27.2020

Happy Birthday, Inspired style

Hello again!  It was a good day here today, and hopes of steam cleaning my carpets tomorrow, but I thought I'd throw in a quick post, sending a card over to Inspired By...sitting pretty  Here's their inspiration ~


I liked the soft colors, but needed to play more with purples because I made a couple cards for my mom's 80th Birthday tomorrow.  Since we can't celebrate together, I will be delivering a couple of meals, maybe some coffee, and driving by with the family (in separate vehicles) to drop by gifts and cards.  So here's card #1 ~


I used the layout (tipped sideways) and placed my sentiment in a different location.  The flowers were popped up this time, leaving the sentiment flat to the inked ef background.   

For her second card, I used the same flowers, the same layout, but used a tag on the design instead.  Hindsight, because of the way the flowers were stamped, I should have tilted the tag to the right... doh!  Anyway, she's my mom and she'll love it as if it was the first one I'd ever made her  :o)


Gotta slide this into the challenge, so a quick thank you for stopping by - goodbye!

Card #1
   CB - Distressed Stipes
   Alt - Whimsy Flowers
   E by E - Succulent Sentiments

Card #2
   MFT - Linen bg
   RC - Stitched Tag (NBUS)
   Alt - Whimsy Flowers
   PTI - Butterfly Kisses



Hugs,
TK





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to
mention that I have truly loved surfing around your blog posts.

In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and
I am hoping you write again soon!

sandie said...

Love these. Really love the background stripes, so soft in colour and those gorgeous flowers-love all the sparkle. It looks to me that you have tilted the tag? Love that you rounded the bottom of the card and the tag x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, as a mom who seldom receives cards, I'm sure you're right about Mom loving anything you put your very sweet heart to, TK! I'm so happy to see these sweet blooms in our IB gallery, too! Extra hugs for your Mom from me? xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those cards are both so gorgeous. I love the sparkle on the first design that you got with the Wink of Stella pen.

Bonnie said...

Such pretty flowers for your mom, TK! I love how you used the photo as a sketch as well as color! I think your tag looks fine. The flowers look like they have been tossed! Enjoy your celebration!

Cat Craig said...

your mom is sure to love them and a drive by by you.

TK said...

Thank you, and please make yourself known so I may do the same :o)

Mac Mable said...

Thoughtful idea to drive to your Mum and drop off gifts etc and what a beautiful card x. The tag card is unique and fabulosu too x.

Joyce said...

Really pretty cards.

Danni Reid said...

Oh these are fabulous and she is going to love them, beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing with us this week @ Inspired BY!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, she's going to love these TK! Happy 80th to your mom!!

Rosemary said...

What a lovely set of cards you created for your mom, TK!

Anita in France said...

These are both so pretty, TK ... the sparkle is especially fabulous! Your Mom will certainly have loved them ... and your visit (even if distanced) ... congratulations to her on such a milestone birthday! Hugs, Anita :)